Lorenz Reibling gives interview about real estate

by OrphanCrow 162 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

OrphanCrow - "...the SABM is pretty much made up of all JWs..."

Makes sense, actually, considering how loathe JWs are to associate with non-Witnesses.

I imagine that - at least for some of them - that would extend to business associates.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Okay, it is time to bring out the white men and jackets. I have said that I have a morbid curiosity with insanity, and I think that my latest find takes the top prize for "The Weirdest and Most Insane" award. Yup...I am giving the award to this next rabbit hole I just fell into.

I have been taking a look at Ron Lapin, the "pioneer of bloodless surgery". I first encountered Lapin when I read the book Bad Blood by George Dalgleish, the JW handyman and minor tv celebrity. I have researched Dr. Lapin fairly extensively, and had a lot of material about him before I finally read No Man's Blood, Gene Church's biography of Ron Lapin, the bloodless surgeon.

I then decided to find out what I could about Gene Church. He had published No Man's Blood in 1983, after spending 7 months with Ron Lapin in California. So here is what I found out about Gene Church - the "nonJW" who wrote No Man's Blood.

The movie Circle of Power was also released in 1983. (...bear with me, this get good...):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circle_of_Power

Circle of Power, also known as Mystique, Brainwash and The Naked Weekend, is a 1983 film, co-produced by Gary Mehlman, Anthony Quinn and Jeffrey White, and based on the non-fiction book The Pit: A Group Encounter Defiled. It stars Yvette Mimieux in her final film performance to date.

Plot synopsis:

Yvette Mimieux plays the chief executive of a giant corporation called "Mystique",[1] but the organization is also known as "Executive Development Training", or EDT.[2] Christopher Allport plays Jack Nilsson, a decent all-American young executive.[3]
    Top management executives are required to spend a weekend with Bianca Ray at a hotel, where they are put under psychological pressure.[1] As a prerequisite to the training course, participants must sign a waiver giving the company the release to physically and psychologically abuse the individuals in the course.[3] The participants struggle with their shortcomings, such as obesity and alcoholism.[3] Another individual is a closet homosexual, and a fourth is a transvestite.[2] At one point in the film, the obese trainee is forced to eat trash and discarded food in front of the other seminar participants.[2] Eventually, the seminar executives and their wives lose their inhibitions later on in the "consciousness-raising" coursework.[4]

How the film was received:

The film won a Dramatic Films Award at the 1982 Sundance Film Festival.[5] Circle of Power played under the title Mystique at the 1981 Chicago International Film Festival.[1]
    A review in The New York Times described Circle of Power as an "attack on monolithic belief systems," and referred to it as "a worthwhile movie."[3] Allmovie compared the psychological nature of the techniques utilized by Executive Development Training to Erhard Seminars Training, calling them "EST-like excesses."[2] Roger Ebert gave the film three stars, writing that "...it's an entertaining film with serious intentions."[1] Ebert compared it to events reported in Boston newspapers about a man who died during a Werner Erhard and Associates seminar, commenting: "Art anticipates life."[1] Ebert questioned the conceit of the film, asking the question: "Could a major corporation get away with this brainwashing?"[1] The authors of the book upon which the film was based concluded their preface by stating: "And please remember as you read -- it's true."[6]

The authors of the book the film was based on? Gene Church and Conrad D, Carnes. The book? The Pit: A Group Encounter Defiled.

The Pit: A Group Encounter Defiled is a non-fiction book on Mind Dynamics, Leadership Dynamics, and Holiday Magic, written by Gene Church and Conrad D. Carnes. The book was published Outerbridge & Lazard, Inc., in 1972, and was republished in a paperback edition in 1973, by Pocket Books. The book was later the basis for the 1983 film, Circle of Power.[1] The title refers to the encounter group movement that was prevalent at the time, which evolved into what psychologists began to term Large Group Awareness Training.[2]
    The Pit: A Group Encounter Defiled is listed in the 1987 edition of Best Sellers, at the University of Scranton archives.[3] The book was featured in The New York Review of Books, in 1973.[4]

Authors:

Gene Church had previously studied psychology at Ohio State University and Ohio University. He had enrolled in the Leadership Dynamics coursework as a requirement of his association with Holiday Magic.[5] At the time of the book's publication, Conrad D. Carnes was an attorney practicing law with the firm of Carnes & Hornbeck in Columbus, Ohio.[5]
    The authors later wrote a follow-up book, Brainwash, in 1983.[6] Gene Church also gave a related lecture series at universities, entitled: "An encounter group horror story."[7]

Summary:

Events depicted in the book took place over four-days at the Hyatt House motel in Palo Alto, California, and included management executives from Holiday Magic.[5] The book revealed details of the events that went on during the coursework at Mind Dynamics and Leadership Dynamics. The book stated that Holiday Magic participants in the Leadership Dynamics sessions were required to register in the coursework, at a cost of USD$1,000, "..in order to get ahead in the company."[5] Golembiewski stated that the book described "illustrative chapter and verse" of the coursework, including such training aids as a cross, a coffin, oxygen bottles, and piano wire.[8] Participants that instructors deemed as "dead" to their lives, were told to stay in the coffin until they realized "..how much it means to be alive."[5] Leadership Dynamics instructors felt that by putting individuals in a cage, they would "..appreciate the value of the freedom that they already possess."[5] The cross was used to demonstrate what it felt like to be persecuted at work. There was also a "silver chalice", which was supposed to "..make each man face the truth honestly and so to understand himself and others better.."[5][9]

Cited by other works:

The Pit: A Group Encounter Defiled has been cited in academic journal articles which analyze encounter groups and large group awareness training, including the Journal of Humanistic Psychology,[10] and more recently in Human Resource Development Review, in 2005.[11] The book has also been cited as a reference in other works which discuss these subjects, including Organization Development,[8] Approaches to Planned Change,[12] The Regulation of Psychotherapists,[13] Handbook of Organizational Consultation,[14] Managing Diversity in Organizations,[15] and Self Realization.[16]

Remember Lorenz Reibling's Masters degree? "Organizational Management with focus on maximizing intellectual capital".

Reibling and Church also share another interest: Holocaust history. In 1986, Church published the book 80629 a Mengele Experiment.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/619919.80629_a_Mengele_Experiment

This is the true story of Jack Oran, who survived the inhuman experimental surgeries of Dr. Josef Mengele, Auschwitz' infamous Doctor of Death. It was a cold December morning in 1942 when Jack, then known a Yakoff Skurnik, and his family were loaded onto a "resettlement train," in Mlawa, Poland. When the train stopped, Jack found himself at Auschwitz. For an interminable time, he survived the horrors of the camp. Using his wits, cunning, and inordinate will to live, he escaped from the Nazis during the Auschwitz death march in which the Nazis marched 58,000 prisoners from the camp before its liberation by the Russians on January 27, 1945. Overcoming incredible odds, Jack built himself a new life filled with success and accomplishment. This is the story of a man who is living proof that with persistence, determination, and belief in oneself, all things are possible.

A review of Church's book about the Holocaust:

http://www.publishersweekly.com/978-0-937875-00-1

""80629'' refers to the number tattooed on 18-year-old Yakoff Skurnik's arm upon his arrival in Auschwitz-Birkenau in December 1942. Church (The Pit, etc.) traces Skurnik's horrific ordeal, including disfiguring experimental surgery supervised by the infamous Josef Mengele, escape from the Auschwitz death march on the eve of the Allied invasion and adjustment to postwar life (Skurnik, who changed his name to Jack Oran, is now a Dallas businessman). Readers won't expect pretty reading from a concentration camp account, but this work's relentlessly graphic and detailed descriptions of castration, defecation and torture are notably gut-wrenching. The idyllic portrayal of Skurnik's prewar family life is unrealistic, and Church's unfortunate penchant for melodramatic, overwritten prose is a disservice to the heartfelt story.

And that is who wrote the book about the surgeon that all the JWs hail as their hero.

Dr, Ron Lapin, a pioneer of the bloodless medicine movement, had a guy who wrote about brainwashing write his biography. Strange people have strange bedfellows.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

very.......very bizarre.

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley
    Lieu2 days ago He's one of the many shareholders of WTBTS stock. Most don't realize the WTBTS is listed on the NASDAC like any other corporation & that many shareholders are not JW.
    Any referances to back up that statement?

Nothing listed here:

http://search.nasdaq.com/search?q=WTBTS&site=dotcom_collection&client=default_frontend&proxystylesheet=default_frontend&output=xml_no_dtd&proxyreload=1

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    problemaddict: very.......very bizarre.

I guess I was so rattled when I made my last post that I got my words mixed up - I said "white men and jackets"...I meant 'the men with white jackets'...the kind of jackets that Nicholson wore in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest".

I you want bizarre, I have more. I wasn't looking for bizarre, but that is what is turning up. I decided, after taking a look at who authored the book No Man's Blood, the biography of Dr. Ron Lapin, that maybe some of the other characters deserved a quick peek. The book ends with Gene Church giving a very detailed account of an encounter between Ronny and his lawyer, Gerald Garner. And it wraps up with a lengthy letter that Garner writes in defense of Lapin, who was facing a suspension of his medical license at the time the book was written in 82/83. I don't know what has been updated in the following 1986 version of the book:

http://roman142.blogspot.ca/2014/09/no-mans-blood-gene-church-1986-version-1.html

31 As they ate breakfast, Lapin recalled how he’d first met Gerry Garner two years before at Dr. Kaller’s Fourth of July party. There was something about this burly guy with his Jewish modification of an Afro hair style and a mischievous smile that instantly captured Lapin’s attention. As they sat around a small table near the crowded swimming pool — trying to converse over discordant sounds created by twenty children and a handful of adults frolicking in the water — Lapin had the pleasure of gaining insight into one of the sharpest legal minds around. He had always admired creative thinkers; but in Gerry, he saw the epitome, the zenith.
    32 “You have a dissecting, diabolical mind,” Lapin said, devouring a piece of barbequed roast beef. Garner seemed unimpressed by the compliment. He simply continued to drink his protein meal, determined to stick to his diet even in the thick of a hedonistic, gastronomic orgy.
    33 He told Lapin that between his two offices — one in New York and the other in Fullerton, a distant suburb of Los Angeles — he’d amassed a flight schedule that could match or even surpass that of most commercial pilots.
    34 In a most prophetic statement, Lapin told Garner before he left, “If I ever get into trouble, I mean real trouble, I’d like you to defend me.”
    35 “Be more than glad to. As a matter of fact, I’d be honored,” Garner replied as the two shook hands.
    36 Right then it didn’t occur to Lapin just how soon he’d need Garner’s services, or that they’d end up being the very closest of friends.
    37 Their friendship sprang from deep mutual respect for one another’s professional abilities, and was strengthened by their common Jewish heritage. It was brought more sharply into focus by other shared experiences: the seemingly tireless ability to be in perpetual motion and the shared background of having had a difficult childhood.
    38 Meeting every Sunday morning in jogging suits for business and strategy sessions at a local truck stop could not be easily explained on the basis of eccentricity alone. It could, however, be viewed as part of their anti-establishment response to daily stress situations, coupled with an attempt to downplay external appearance as their fertile minds came together to plan and execute future moves.
    39 As Lapin toyed with his coffee cup, Garner picked up one of his ever-present yellow legal pads and a black felt-tip pen.
    40 “While you’ve been in Holland getting Fluosol approved over there, I’ve been doing some serious thinking about this whole stupid case with the State. Now I realize I’m not involved in saving lives like you are, but just the same…”

*note the Fluosol comment - the book gives a lot of detail on how the JWs were targeted as test subjects

Who is Gerry Garner? After the book No Man's Blood was published in 1983, Garner opened a bank in California in Feb. 1984, was suspended from practice in New York in Nov. 1984, was the chairman of the hospital where Lapin practiced (that had many JW connections), he was disbarred in New York in 1992, his bank was forcibly closed in April 1993, and faced fraud charges, etc, along with other bank directors. Lapin was a shareholder in the bank.

Dr. Ron Lapin died in May, 1995, of an apparent heart attack - it may have been an overdose (from a comment on a forum) - at the age of 53.

http://articles.latimes.com/1995-05-16/local/me-2458_1_ron-lapin

In addition to his problems with the California Medical Board, Lapin had spent years in a nasty, messy custody and divorce battle - kidnapping, arson, rape, drug addiction, guns, child abuse....and more, were all accusations that Lapin and his wife, a former Miss Israel, flung at each other.

http://articles.latimes.com/1988-08-28/local/me-1790_1_child-abuse-authorities

http://articles.latimes.com/1988-08-18/local/me-592_1_ron-lapin

http://articles.latimes.com/1988-08-30/local/me-1156_1_baby-sitter

http://articles.latimes.com/1988-12-02/local/me-1045_1_ron-lapin

This link has good details of the banking scandal that Lapin's lawyer was involved in, and some of Garner's shady history and practices:

http://www.shspoon.stirsite.com/dalrae.html

This 1994 court document gives details of his past legal practices (note that his New York practice involved shady adoption practices):

https://scholar.google.ca/scholar_case?case=11760209690709182259&q=gerald+garner&hl=en&as_sdt=2006

To bring all that old history about Gerald Garner, Dr, Ron Lapin's lawyer and close friend, up to date, I found this facebook page just this morning:

https://www.facebook.com/VictimsOfAttorneyGeraldGarner

This is a page for the victims of Attorney Gerald Garner, arrested, disbarred for attempted kidnapping/stealing of babies, selling/filing false documents.

Everything you wanted to know about Lapin's lawyer is on that facebook page.

Something to think about: Gerald Garner had close ties to hospitals in California (and maybe elsewhere) that were owned, insured and staffed by Jehovah's Witnesses.

The hospital and medical group that Garner and Lapin were involved in:

http://www.manitobaphotos.com/theolib/downloads/Practice_Associates_Medical_Group_1988.pdf

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

I am back to chasing those Reibling squirrels today...

This latest find reveals how the WTS is involved in producing propaganda to further their world view. And, they do it under the guise of "outside" academic research.

Lorenz and Laura have been busy again with their foundation money - they have financed the following documentary film:

The Name of God
    Documentary Film,
    DVD, 58 minutes in 2014
    (languages: German, English, French, Danish)
    . The only name of God, YHWH, appears in more than 6,000 times in the Hebrew Scriptures
    and there is no doubt what we "sanctify" this name, as taught by the "Our Father"
    Yet millions of Jews and Christians do not do not even know the divine name. Their prayers addressed to God, so often seems unclear what is meant Lord -. The "Lord" Jesus or "Lord" God
    is more important, the title "Lord" has a connotation disconcerting once you know that "Lord" is "Baal" means in the ancient languages ​​of Babylon
    This documentary examines whether the concealment of name God is really in harmony with the original Scriptures - and far more, is the correct pronunciation of YHWH can be found again.
    This documentary film is academically and scientifically supported by:
    Rolf Furuli, Norway
    Gérard Gertoux, France Financing (LLRFF) and Laura Lorenz Family Foundation Additional;

Stoops Manufacturing, a well known JW owned company, says this about the film:

https://stoopsmanufacturing.com/ns/the-name-of-god-documentary-film-2015/

It is a privilege to be given an opportunity to offer this, non-denominational, documentary on DVD.
    This new video shows research by professors and other professionals as well as archaeological proofs about the name of God, Jehovah.
    This video points out that God’s name has been “veiled” and continues to be hidden by deeply entrenched beliefs. Solid and convincing archaeological proof is presented that shows that the veiling of God’s name is misguided.
    If you know someone who says, “I will consider anything as long as it’s not from Jehovah’s Witnesses”, this video may be of interest to them. It is a very easy to watch and informative video.
    Final note: Soon after its popular release in Germany, it came under scrutiny by a church in Rome that questioned its validity.

Stoops has blatantly misrepresented the film as being "not from Jehovah's Witnesses" when the film was financed by JWs - the Reiblings - and Rolf Furuli is a Jehovah's Witness.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/218342/what-happened-rolf-furuli?page=1&size=20

Any film that is financed by JWs, and has JWs involved in the production of it, cannot be considered as unbiased work. It cannot be called "non-denominational" when there are JWs are involved in the production of it.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Notice how Stoops describes the film "Name of God":

This independent documentary answers these questions and more with solid and convincing archaeological proof. It will encourage an open minded person to ask; “Is God’s name important to me?”.
    If you know someone who says, “I will consider anything as long as it’s not from Jehovah’s Witnesses”, this video may be of interest to them. It is a very easy to watch and informative video.

Is it an "independent documentary"? Not at all. It is financed by JWs, a JW contributed to the film, and....it is made by a JW film company.

http://www.dreilindenfilm.de/index.php

Dreilindenfilm is owned by Fritz Poppenburg. Another JW.

(translated from German)

ABOUT US
    Dreilinden film has existed for about 10 years and brings out mainly documentaries, which are marketed in their own home as DVDs. In addition to its own productions, films from foreign productions are taken as long as they fit the company profile.
    The thematic focus is the scientific criticisms of Darwinian theory, ten films are to far in front. This range of high - partly award-winning - films takes Dreilinden film a unique position in the German-speaking countries.
    In addition, the team of Dreilinden film strives to true enlightenment in areas of vital importance, such as the protection of unborn human life. However, our company owes its existence not only its own efforts, but is in significant part on the moral - attributable ethical descent of the prevailing media operation (only the public broadcasting consumes an annual budget of about 7.5 billion euros) to pass the task seems to spread disorientation and misinformation.
    The many thoughtful contemporaries who have noticed this fact and order at Dreilinden movie DVDs, would like to take this opportunity. Fritz Poppenberg, September 2010

And who is being targeted by this "independent" film that is made by Jehovah's Witnesses?

From Stoops:

It is being premiered in public forums and colleges all over the world to people with various backgrounds and beliefs.

There we go again. The JWs are not telling anyone that this is a JW film and are passing it off as independent in order to "spread disorientation and misinformation" (to use Poppenburg's words). These tactics are so dishonest.

The JW film maker, Fritz Poppenburg, has also produced documentaries about the WTS version of the JWs in WW2. The WTS' commitment to revisionist history is remarkable.

The WTS has infiltrated the medical community with anit-blood films that are produced by JWs and pretending that they are "independent", and they do the same with everything else that they want to spread disinformation about. The web of deceit just doesn't seem to quit and the WTS isn't satisfied with only pulling the wool over its members' eyes, they are also targeting the academic world and the medical community with their propaganda. The WTS deception has insidiously spread far beyond the confines of the Tower.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

I knew they were rotten at the core but never realized how gangrenous the jwborg is at heart. Just an amazing job of research, OrphanCrow. I'm going to have to revisit this post several times to stomach it all.

I really, really think you need to find someone to publish this in the Real World (if there is such a thing). I am totally aware that jdubs won't read it BUT those inclined to feel compassion for or "study" with the dubs might step back into reality once they realize the scope of their lies and coverups.

At the very least, if your writings save ONE person from joining the cult - it would be worth it.

Thank you for all your work!

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

Ron Lapin came to Redding Ca. in the late 1970's selling his services. One of the sisters got suspicious and contacted the state of Calif. Consumer Affairs of which they sent her a list of [I think] around 200 complaints. Another brother up from So Cal said Lapin removed his sisters uterus with out her knowledge and that he did it to other women in So. Cal.

OrphanCrow I am very impressed with your work. If you can connect Lorenz Reibling as being the front man for the WBTS real estate investments that are being funded by the liquidation of Brooklyn bulidings that would be a real story.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    cultbgone: I knew they were rotten at the core but never realized how gangrenous the jwborg is at heart. Just an amazing job of research, OrphanCrow. I'm going to have to revisit this post several times to stomach it all.
    I really, really think you need to find someone to publish this in the Real World (if there is such a thing).

Thank you for your support, cultbgone. I am pleased that other people can benefit from this research. I didn't really mean to start it...it was an accident that developed into a side hobby. Lol! I am not ready to publish yet. I am not finished my research - many loose ends to tie up still. But...maybe, someday. I have so much material that it is hard to juggle it all and I think I might need a partner or team to help me finish it! Posting the research here helps - I find the feedback to be beneficial and other posters often drop little gems that links the material together. So, thank you to all the posters who have contributed!

The other problem I encounter is that the material is disturbing and difficult to process - staying detached is especially hard when it deals with the lives lost and damaged by the WTS' blood ban - a doctrine made up and manipulated for the profit of those who don't care that they are exploiting people.

Bill: OrphanCrow I am very impressed with your work. If you can connect Lorenz Reibling as being the front man for the WBTS real estate investments that are being funded by the liquidation of Brooklyn bulidings that would be a real story.

Thanks, Bill. The real estate part of my research is an area that I don't feel qualified to tackle and I think it would be best if someone with better resources and knowledge about real estate could undertake an in depth examination of the real estate transactions and further developments of the properties involved. Somebody, somewhere, knows far more about real estate than I do - I find that my interest lies more in examining the bloodless industry rather than things like real estate sales, investments and property development companies.

The WTS has been very active in their real estate transactions and I believe it is a mistake to stop at just saying "Hey! The WTS has sold some property and now has money in their coffers!" The picture is far bigger than that. What needs to be examined is who bought the property and what happens to it after the WTS has sold the property. And, as well, how those property sales affect the real estate market around it. Reibling speaks of this in his one video - how to increase activity in the market by increasing the sense of risk and urgency in a locale that they want to do business in.

I only starting looking at Reibling because of his connection to the medical supply and pharma companies he worked for in his early years before he became a real estate guru. At the time I first encountered him, it was just a tiny little connection between him and the Haemonetics company that piqued my curiosity. As it turned out, that line of inquiry into Reibling turned up a whole lot of things that I didn't expect and it certainly has turned into an interesting diversion.

Bill: Ron Lapin came to Redding Ca. in the late 1970's selling his services. One of the sisters got suspicious and contacted the state of Calif. Consumer Affairs of which they sent her a list of [I think] around 200 complaints. Another brother up from So Cal said Lapin removed his sisters uterus with out her knowledge and that he did it to other women in So. Cal.

Thank you so much for that comment - it fits in perfectly with what I have to say about Ron Lapin, the bloodless butcher. Ron Lapin is an important figure in the development of the bloodless industry and I have quite a bit to say in response to your comment, so...I will take a break here to prepare my reply - the Lapin story is one that takes a bit of telling to do it justice. It is a very critical component to understanding how and why the bloodless industry became what it is today. Ron Lapin is the link between early medical research involving JWs and the emergence of the HLC out of its shadow beginnings in Canada into a public face in the JW culture.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit