Run into ANYONES hands!

by Perfection Seeker 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• Perfection Seeker
    Perfection Seeker

Nevermind :-)

Edited by - perfection seeker on 27 June 2002 23:53:22

• revdrjohnson
    revdrjohnson

Anyone here try to break free so bad & so fast that you ran into the first arms that would take you? Ever notice "WORLDY" people seem to have unconditional love & no ulterior motive in being your friend

YUP ...

First I had to make new 'associations' -- all of them 'worldly' ... I'd taken a previous haitus TWICE before, at 16 and 20. At 20 tried reefer for the first time, and joined the after hours counter-culture. Went back for the last 2 1/2 years then out for good.

Now I did reefer all the time, or got BLASTED out of my mind at parties -- but my new friends did too!

Then there was the Nation of Islam ...

My mom used to feed me so full of lies about "wordly" people using you, and not being true friends & not being able to count on them, blah blah blah. Also heard how other churches have "pew sitters" just go & not listen & think they worship by attending church for an hour.

What I learned about how badly I'd been LIED TO about church could fill a book. First time I went to the Baptist church that became my 'home' I was AMAZED at the sermon ... the image was shattered right from the beginning!!! These weren't the demons I'd been made to expect -- in fact they were FAR MORE GENUINE than the pioneers and special pioneers -- and even the seditty publishers -- at the KH!!!

And the MUSIC!!! Oh the MUSIC!!! 104 pipe organ, four part Chancel Choir, the gflimmer of the Communion -- not at all how it'd been described to me all of my life!!!

• Carmel
    Carmel

I guess in a sense I ran to the most comfortable set of "arms" I could think of. I went to every Christian church I could find in several towns. They all were pretty much as the JUU's described, cause I was still looking through the condemnatory eye glasses of JUU mindset. After several years of "searching" I decided to give it up and get on with life w/o churchianity. Better for it.

carmel the caveman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit