The LOVE among JWs is an act.

by HomebutHiding 4 Replies latest jw friends

• HomebutHiding
    HomebutHiding

As can be learned from reading my posts, I have been really questioning belief systems lately. Yesterday, while browsing at Barnes & Noble, I noticed several religious books, each espousing its cure for human weakness. I remembered how it was of utmost importance as a JW that others see the love we had, since we alone had the holy spirit, and Christ's followers would be easily recognized by this love. I remembered that we were to avoid conduct that would bring reproach on Jehovah and/or his org. The reality, as I look back now, is that such love was absolutely lacking. We learned to "act" well for the sake of a good witness. Perhaps this is why there is rampant abuse and anger displayed in JW homes, once the doors are closed.

I begin learning the art of meditation today. I am armed with books on the subject, as well as an eager spirit. If this is a viable avenue, the peace from practitioners should be evident in their dealings with ohers, as well as in their personal lives. This is what I want for me. We'll see. HbH

P.S. Happy first anniversary to Andrew and me! (No gifts, please...a line which I NEVER understood...are they for real? No gifts? That's crazy!)

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

(((((HbH)))))

First off...Happy Anniversay...may you have many more to come.

Second...I congratulate you on your new search. Sometimes we get ourselves lost in the shuffles of everyday life distractions. Meditation is a great way to counter the effect and learn who you are and will enable you to not worry about the end result but focus on the journey itself.

Peace and love to you!

Spice

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

Yes, the WTBTS teaches imitation . They encourage the retention and strengthening of the ego. They imitate "leave the self behind" but discourage authentic " transformation"( loss of self) by imposing a system of rewards and punishments to produce outward conformity. Thus they create outward "peace" and inward "conflict and anxiety".

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Your in the wrong congregation. Yes, my wife and I celebrated our anniversarys with no qualms. As to lack of love, yes, that is the very reason I no longer attend meetings. Practice what you preach or else I'm gone.

Guest 77

• bay64me
    bay64me

I've had enough of that bunch of so-called "christians", allegedly imitating the love of christ. The congregation I left behind was full of pretentious hypocrites! And they weren't very good actors either!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit