divided families

by Blackcat 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Blackcat
    Blackcat

why is it that even though your not disfellowshipped or dissasociated and you start questioning the things you thought where truth about the org. your so-called family members avoid you like the plague?.I find it quite comical to see how different they treat you, leaving the "truth" and keeping your mouth shut they can handle, but once you start questioning the so-called faithful and discreet slave, all hell breaks loose !!! i,ve been accused of being anti-witness,apostate (which i dont mind) and been told that i,ve spat in the face of jah all because i have openly expressed my opinions about the org. i have not changed as a person, still consider myself to lead a morally clean lifestyle yet am viewed as the son of the devil !! for expressing my opinion. At least i know there a thousands out there who feel the same way i do (thanks to this board) and my brother-in-law is currently having major doubts himself, i think my copy of coc by king Ray has had a bit of an effect!! but the way the jws avoid you is oh so funny.I,ll keep laughing, after all they do,nt listen so you might aswell have a good chuckle at them !!!!

• unanswered
    unanswered

i remember, even before i was DF'ed, witnesses pretending they couldn't see me in the grocery store, even when direct eye contact was made. yes, it was good for a chuckle.

• Welshman
    Welshman

Good point,
    Especially when they put on a superior look as they walk past you or through you.Most try and avoid you by diving down the next aisle or racing past you with their trolley...
    How really silly can one get.....[8>]

Regards Welshman

• Grunt
    Grunt

One of the best posts I have read was one entitled "That Condescending Smile" written by a woman whose husband was a Witness. She said, if I remember correctly, that the thing that irritated her most about her husband was the look he got on his face when he listened to her tell her point of view on religion. It saddened me to think that it was an expression I am fairly certain I have worn back when I was trying to convert my wife. A know it all look that they put on while pretending to listen without really paying much attention until it is their turn to talk. After all they know what you have to say due to their "studying the Bible." What you have to say couldn't be important as only they have "The Truth!" Or so I and the other poor fools thought and they still think. What a joke. They know nothing of their real history, they are trusting a biased bible, and they are listening to people who even deny Christ is the mediator for all men in direct contradiction to even their own twisted bible. The gall it takes for them to use that scripture at 2 John 2:10 and pretend it applies to all the goofy teachings they have added when it really refers to denying Christ, which is what they do to 99% of mankind. When that expression comes out would be a good time to bring out the photo of the Pyramid at Russell's grave, or the quote from Rutherford on vaccinations causing syphillis and rabies and such, the chart of the history leading to the end of the 6000 years and the beginning of the Millenial reign back in '75, or maybe the Watchtower quote where they list all the errors that have had to be "corrected" recently and instead of explaining just say they should believe anyway. A "Faith" doctrine of sorts. I have no desire to relive all the years of my life, it has been good but I am pretty happy with where I am at. The one part I would give so much to relive would be the time when I, wearing that "condescending smile" argued with my wife in front of my children and caused her so much pain for so long. Or the part where I allowed my daughter to ever be alone with a Witness or enter a Kingdom Hall. Those were black days for my family and we are still reaping the sorrow attached to those ill-fated decisions. As her father I didn't protect her from this cult, because I didn't recognise it as such. If you are a Witness and you are reading this, check out your history before presumming to condescend to anyone. It could save you a lot of embarrassment and your family untold grief.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Grunt,

A know it all look that they put on while pretending to listen without really paying much attention until it is their turn to talk.

I know the look too. Wore it some. It is maddening because it denotes disdain for the speaker.

I live in the south usa (Fla. really not part of that, imo). Men use that look with women a fair amount of time. It's just as maddening.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit