More JW Labels.

by Englishman 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

When I was a kid and being forced to sit through hours of JW gobbledygook at the KH, I was always disconcerted by the "witnessy" language that was in use.

Looking back now, I can see that having a private language, a language that only makes sense to the in crowd, is just one way in which devotees are bound into JW life.

I`ve recently been intrigued to come across some new and previously unknown phrases. This occurred during a lively dicussion with a JW who felt that it was OK to talk to me as he had his very own "private pipeline to Jehovah".

I`d just finished telling him how pleased I was that I had bailed out prior to 1975, when he said the following (in bold) phrases which he used over and over again:

"Oh, are you another seventy-fiver? Let me tell you, young man, that I am a servant of the most high God Jehovah!"

Seems to me that witness-speak has found 2 more phrases for it`s minions to parrot mindlessly!

Englishman.

• Blackcat
    Blackcat

englishman,He,s confused,he meant to say "im a servant of the Watchtower and Bible Tract Soceity""

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Are you sure? Couldn't it be servant of the Religious Order of Jehovah's Witnesses? It pays to keep up to date with Kingdom Truth!!!!!!!!

Ozzie (of the Dymo labelling class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit