Reply to SC

by Frenchy 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

SC, (cont'd)
    (Didn't mean to start a new post, man I'm really messed up this morning!)
    And then there is this statement in km 3/85 p.4

Remember that all mankind not serving Jehovah are "alienated" from God and so are considered "enemies." Their lives are at stake. (Col. 1:21)

Whoa! Somewhat stronger language here. Not only are non JW's not approved by God (translation: Ain't gonna make it.) but now they are 'enemies' of God. Please note at this point if you have not already that in each and every instance where the km is quoted here, the phrase 'lives are at stake' is used some way in connection with the preaching work. Do you think this is accidental.
    "preach because lives are at stake" does not promote the idea that you will make it even if you are not JW. Quite to the contrary, it does just the opposite.
    Some people like statistics so here are some: km 4/79 p. 4

Did you know that, on the average, for every publisher in the United States there are about 403 persons needing to hear the "good news"? Why is it vital that all be contacted with the Kingdom message? It is because their very lives are at stake, as well as our own.

what happens to those 403 if they don't become one of 'us'? You guessed it, 'lives are at stake'.
    How persistent should you be in field service? km 4/78 p.8

In many areas the big problem is to find people at home. Don't give up. Lives are at stake. Try the telephone. Write a letter. Leave a recent magazine in the door

And why such persistance? Yep, 'lives are at stake'. So what happens if you don't reach those people? They'll die, of course, because they are not Witnesses.

I would like to see one clear statement in the km that says that you really don't have to be a Witness to march right into the new order. One statement that plainly states that not only Witnesses will attain salvation. Why the km, you ask? Because this is the publication aimed directly at witnesses. This publication rarely finds its way into the public's hands (pre-internet, of course). There's not much need for PR in the km so you won't find it there....

Edited by - Frenchy on 8 June 2000 8:11:29

• waiting
    waiting

Dear Frenchy,

Thanks for the ideas of the KM, never thought of it that way, PR isn't too necessary there. They can can "straight talk" us there, huh?

An interesting observation I might make? We always say "people will DIE at Armageddon." True enough - but that's a cleaned up comment. Such as dogs left at the pound will die after 14 days. Do the dogs just to choose to lay in their pens and die? No, humans kill them.

Do people choose to die at Armageddon? No, God is going to kill them and their children.

I think the tendency of persons, particularily in our politically correct world, is to use "cleaned up" language. Spousal abuse (husband/wife beating) child abuse (rape, incest, physical, emotional, psychological) die at Armageddon (God is going to kill you).

That is what we teach, these people's lives are at stake. The PR people won't let them say God is going to kill them all.

This is only an implied statement, but I was always given the impression when I asked that the retarded, insane, senile, etc. will not be killed (God's discretion). Without sounding too sarcastic, wouldn't this show that JW's are not the only ones who will survive Armageddon?

Edited by - waiting on 10 June 2000 11:15:8

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Waiting
    True enough about the 'cleaned up expressions'. We have tons of them today, some of which you pointed out. Whatever happened to calling a spade a spade? OOPS! Is that politically incorrect now too???

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

I agree with you both. But remember Frenchy, the WT calls a spade a heart and we better believe it even though common sense says otherwise.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

SC,

Now wait a minute. Are you saying that a spade is NOT a heart? Wow, this requires some consideration. LOL

• Xandit
    Xandit

Hey Frency,

How about one clear statement that says anyone who isn't a Witness (that as in card carrying publisher, etc.) won't survive Armageddon. I'd like to see that and I don't believe you've produced it yet. There's too much lee way in all this inuendo, intimation and inference.

Sometimes we get hornswaggled with vague if you not what I mean.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Hello, Xandit

How about one clear statement that says anyone who isn't a Witness (that as in card carrying publisher, etc.) won't survive Armageddon

First and foremost, clear statements are what's at issue here. There are precious few 'clear statements'. Let me ask you a question and then please be frank in your reply. Do you believe (enough to say it from the platform during the C.O.'s visit, for example) that it is not necessary to be a Witness to be saved at Armageddon?

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Xandit: I made a reply to you on another thread this morning, similar to the one I posted here yesterday. Recently we have had some posters who, shall we say, are less than polite, some downright sarcastic and mean. Perhaps they learned their manners from participation on other boards where such behavior is the norm. The point is, however, that we have all become somewhat hesitant (if not downright paranoid) in responding wholeheartedly to a new poster the way that we do to each other (those of us who have been here from the start).
    I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt as is only right. I'm going to assume that you are sincere in asking what you did. I'm going to assume that you will make a response to my reply concerning your request, namely:

How about one clear statement that says anyone who isn't a Witness (that as in card carrying publisher, etc.) won't survive Armageddon.

In response to that inquiry I offer you the following from The Watchtower 1989, 9/1, page 19. The study article is Remaining Organized for Survival into the Millenium

Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil.

Does that meet the criteria of your request?
    You mentioned in another thread that of all the Witnesses that you had questioned on this subject told you they were not under that impression. I believe you completely in this regard. MostWitnesses do not believe this nonesense butthe fact remains that this is what the Society teaches. Your C.O. knows about that article and he knows what the Society is, and has been, pushing for decades on the matter. Ask him.

• waiting
    waiting

Dear Frenchy, without entering this discussion, I felt that the Society's quote from this Watchtower was worth printing out, which I did.

Thank you.

Edited by - waiting on 10 June 2000 11:14:8

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Feel free to join in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit