The C.T. Russell pyramid

by Nathan Natas 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

You say that like it's a bad thing.

• reslight2
    reslight2

I received a Google Alerts because someone posted to this thread. I was not aware that it was here.

The pyramid monument is not Russell's; Rutherford had it constructed a few years after Russell died. It was claimed that Russell had desired for such a monument to be built, but I have never seen any written instructions that show Russell had thought that such a pyramid should have been built.

As to the assertion that Russell was a Mason, the tens of thousands of pages that have produced from his work bear overwhelming testimony that he was not a Mason. The symbols that he used were not Masonic, despite the imaginative assumptions that they were.

http://ctr.reslight.net/?feed=rss2&cat=3

• reslight2
    reslight2

The question was asked, with the answer provided: "Who's buried under a cross and crown? A mason."

While I disagree with the answer to the question, Charles Taze Russell was not buried under a "cross and crown."

Nevertheless, the "cross and crown" symbol is not exclusive to the Masons. There are those who go so far as to claim that the Bible has been corrupted by the Masons, since the Bible uses similar symbology to the Masons.

• agonus
    agonus

I have to admit I love reading about this kinda stuff. Once it seemed kind of like a horror movie to me, now it takes on a more Indiana Jones vibe.

I've heard the story about the GB raiding Russell's tomb and finding nothing. Do we have any proof of this?

What if Russell was in fact a Templar and had one of the pieces of the True Cross buried with him? Or the Spear of Destiny? Or (this actually seems most appropriate)... an alien artifact?

DUN DUN DUN!!!

• agonus
    agonus

Oh dear. My devious little mind's wheels are spinning with possibilities for a "true-life" DaVinci Code/Raiders/National Treasure. Maybe I'll make my own movie. I always wanted to be the next Harrison Ford...

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Reslight2, have you seen the 1919 Convention Report?

If you go to the original thread that I pointed to when I began this one, you'll find a copy of the relevant page from the 1919 Convention Report posted there.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I just realised ......... It's not 'Russell's pyramid' at all.

".... the monument to be erected as a memorial to the Society." Page 7, 1919 Convention Report.

• reslight2
    reslight2

Nathan Natas stated: Reslight2, have you seen the 1919 Convention Report?

If you go to the original thread that I pointed to when I began this one, you'll find a copy of the relevant page from the 1919 Convention Report posted there.

I am aware of that report and have often referred to that report; it gives a drawing of the original design of the monument and also shows a picture of Russell's original headstone. Is there something in particular that you wish to point out in that from report? The full report is available online:

http://www.archive.org/details/1919BibleStudentConventionReport

(the relevant pages are 6 and 7)

Here is a drawing of the pyramid monument from that report:

Here is a photo of Russell's original headstone as obtained from that report:

• freydo
    freydo

I must admit that I missed the photo at the bottom of the page on the original post. It was difficult enough to sort out the words of the author and the words in the report which made it appear that someone was concocting a plausible story. That it was "accepted by Brother Russell as the most fitting emblem for an enduring monument on the Societys burial space," meaning what?

It was not a monument to him. There are a lot of misguided people who seem to think that Br Russell invented the Pyramid. They are woefully ignorant of Scripture and history. If they do the research they wouldn't be so deluded.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit