Thomas Edison

by larc 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

Thanks, I'm a Thomas Edison fan! I think, too, that he was deaf, cause someone (his dad?) slapped him real hard in the face. Goes to show you that you can be disabled and mistreated as a child and still go on to great things.

Hugs

• ballistic
    ballistic

HI Wind! Do you remember me? I'm from beyond jehovah's witnesses web site! I didn't know you was posting here. I'm actually going to bed soon but I hope to catch up with you. It seems like so long ago. Tim Cs web site was the first one I found too and I owe much to it also.

• larc
    larc

Ballistic,

Do you have any links where I can read more about this? Obviously, I am fascinated by this stuff. On my Wright brothers thread, Mackin put up some interesting stuff, which I read and commented upon.

Amazing,

Since you are related, you probably know more about Eli, than I do, but I will post what I know. Elaboration will be appreciated.

• larc
    larc

Ballistic, Thank you for the most informative reference. The detail of it has the ring of truth. Now, I think Edison was a great inventor, but I also think he had a degree of ruthlessnes to him which leads to another example of the same, and that is how Edison dealt with Tesla, BONEZZ's question. Tesla was a brilliant man and had greater theoretical knowledge than Edison. Edison was devoted to DC current and it was Tesla who came up with the value of AC current. AC current had one very distinct advantage. It could be sent over wires for very long distances; DC could not go only over short distances. Despite the obvious advantage of AC current, Edison did everything he could to discredit Tesla and his concepts.

Edited by - larc on 1 July 2002 2:24:30

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

The Edison Home (his Florida home) is right in my very own backyard!!!

http://www.edison-ford-estate.com/

http://www.edison-ford-estate.com/thomas-edison/Ebio.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit