What did you think of the ones that married, “Out of the Truth” but would still defend the WT Teaching?

by John Aquila 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

When I conducted the WT study and the article was on marrying only in the Lord, it seemed that the ones who commented the most were persons who married a non-JW. In fact, they were the ones that always told the young single JW girls to pioneer and “Never Marry a worldly person.” Why? "Because I know what it’s like and believe me it's no fun"

Then you would see those same persons at the movies holding hands with their non-jw spouse having a great time, or they would relate the great vacation they had in the Bahamas and all the unrestrained sex that the non-jw spouse likes to engage in----- while the single lonely sisters perished in their pioneer work.

• Ding
    Ding
    It's similar to people coming onto WT-forbidden websites to explain why it's so important to obey the GB.
  • Tempest in a Teacup
    Tempest in a Teacup

I thought that it was what every single jw does: cherry picking. The bad becomes good when I am the one doing it.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i wouldn't. it seemed like a lack of faith if i did.

like immorality but maybe i had more reason to have faith i thought lately

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    They are trying to overcome the stigma of the marriage (which is not forbidden explicitly, but is definitely considered weak) by insinuating that they are in some way suffering or being persecuted in their marriage-thus removing the stigma and inviting the crown of martyr to be offered to them.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Wdaughter
    They are trying to overcome the stigma of the marriage (which is not forbidden explicitly, but is definitely considered weak) by insinuating that they are in some way suffering or being persecuted in their marriage-thus removing the stigma and inviting the crown of martyr to be offered to them.

That's a pretty good explanation.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Hell, they have to do something to counter the embarrassment of sitting through a wt study that is basically condemning them.

I figure that whatever the wt for that week is condemning the people who feel the most guilty will be the ones comenting like champions.

• whathehadas
    whathehadas
    I always looked at them as struggling JW. They had a house that was figuratively torn in two. The women who married a unbeliever always seem like they were climbing a hill to build their reputation back up. It was even harder for them with kids. It must have been ackward for them to go to gatherings without their husband. I don't remember any being super dubs but definitely, the guilt was all over them for making that decision. If they did know the TTAT though, it would have been easy to leave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit