Legalism?

by FRUSR8TD 1 Replies latest jw friends

• FRUSR8TD
    FRUSR8TD

OK...I sat and read the letter from Bill's lawer to the elders and something struck me as...well...odd. Since one of the things Jesus was so hot about during his time on earth was "legalism" in the church, does anyone think he would look kindly on any church/org. that claims to speak his truth yet needs a whole legal dept.? I guess this simple logic is missed by most active members.

• belbab
    belbab

Frus trait,

Legal departments and court systems, have been developped over the centuries to take conflict and wars from the realms of actuality, and isolate them in a less disturbing environment.

It is similar to taking collective rivalries, and allowing resolution of them to take place in a sports arena.

The Universe does not need a virual video type scenario to accomplish its ends. Reality itself is the battleground.

Instead of relying In repentance and rest, The WT leaders say, we will ride on swift horses, therefore those who pursue will be swift (paraphrased from Isa. 30:16

The WT has gone down into Egypt for its One Hundred Horse Cavalry and Chariots. They are meeting their demise, from the far swifter chariots, of public opinion spread at the speed of light through the Internet.

The Universe uses the weak things of the world[/i] to accomplish its purposes.

The legal department is already showing signs of being mired in overwork, and unsolvable dilemas.

The jury is the outraged victims of abuse, backed up by angry public opinion, and is now proclaiming the verdict: Guilty as Charged

And That Which Is and Comes to Be, will soon announce the sentence.

belbab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit