Current witnesses and 'free speech'

by Incense_and_Peppermints 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

i'm new and have been browsing some of the posts and am surprised to find active witnesses here, pissing and moaning about this board and how other posters are mean to them, cursing at them, etc. well i'm just curious as to why an active member of the wtbts would want to fraternize with a whole lotta ex-jw's. i mean, that's why i came here, to find other exiles like myself. can't you get disfellowshipped for simply talking to apostates, even if it is in cyberspace? i'd also like to know where the 'real jehovah's witnesses message boards' are, the ones one or two of the active witnesses have referred to in several posts, and whose location seems to be classified information. if you have your own boards why do you come here? this board obviously is for anyone, current or disfellowshipped, so why complain about other posts? why not just leave i don't get it. as one who left the tyranny, lies and hypocrisy of the witnesses far behind me, i can't express enough how wonderful it is just to read the feelings and circumstances of others like myself- people who wised up and left them in the dust. it's heartbreaking, too, to read such anguish. and i hope in some small way we can all help each other get over all this bullshit some day. so, why are any current witnesses here at all? do you want to leave the wts? if you want to, i will help you do that. that's my personal mission, you know. if you want to talk to other witnesses who won't say truths you don't want to hear, go to a homogenized jw board, or better yet, a kingdom hall. and this isn't about hate, it's about exercising for the first time in my life my right to tell the world how i feel, how jacked the witnesses are, and how they fucked up my life and the lives of many of my family members.

signed,
    ~fletcher christian

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

Yes, but you do not need to take it out on every witness! Place blame where it is due.

I blamed them all, ended up a bitter, miserable person for it. Now I see how I wasted my time wallowing for past wrongs and I'm moving on and working on my spirituality again.

Not all the witnesses are bad....just like every other religious denomination, culture, country, family - there are some good and some bad - protecting the bad at the cost of the good is what is wrong!

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi Violet: You know that is not what the watchtower teaches. It teaches that you are in or out. There is no "lukewarm" stance. And yes, you can be disfellowshipped for talking to apostates and in all probability for being on this forum. I have often asked the same question and unfortunately I have no concrete answer. However, I suspect that they have some sort of agenda.

Violet, though, even though she professes to be a witness, I have always suspected that she is one of us!

Love you Violet!

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

hello violet. you wrote:

"Not all the witnesses are bad...."

trust me, they *are*. they are indeed all one, after all. it's so refreshing to see others refer to them as 'the borg'. i thought i was the only one who did that. who knew?

and i'm not 'bitter'. just...still pissed off about a few things. major things. i think it's cool that you moved on and whathaveyou. one day, perhaps i will be at that place too. part of getting there for me is talking it out. thanks for your post, though. i really do like to read everyone's opinions.

~xox

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

Hi Incense,

I hear what you are saying, but I really don't believe that the witnesses themselves are bad.. They are really trying to do what they have been brainwashed into thinking is right by god...

I know it hurts finding out the truth about the 'trooth', but remember, follow what the bible says, and show them some undeserved kindness...

As strange as this may sound, it is what will help you the fastest to get over the hurt/pain/anger you are feeling now (Well, at least that's my opinion)...

When you get down/angry/hurt just remember this: They are the ones in bondage, not you.. You actually start to feel sorry for them, and then the undeserved kindness begins to take ahold of your sole, and at times you may even cry for them..

The hurt/pain/anger you feel right now can become great compassion and empathy towards them if you let it.. The anger/pain/hurt go away in doing so, and you become genuinly loving towards them..

And guess what, it's probably the undeserved kindness and love that can help them the most to see the truth about the 'trooth'...

That's just my opinion, and how I deal with it.. I'm not saying that at times if I had a gun with me (oohhh, how unbiblical of me, forgive me )... Truthfully, at times they have done stuff to me that has been so infuriating that I cannot stand it.. I usually end up counting to 10 before I open my mouth, and then become soooo overwhelminly nice in response that it really throws them for a loop..

Think back, and imagine if someone whom you were 'trying' to infuriate all of a sudden became as nice as could be towards you.. They not only would have gotten the better of you (disarmed you with their unexpected and truly Christian response), but that would probably have infuriated you...

So, let the pain/anger go (I know, it's much easier said than done), but it's truly the only way to help ourselves and help 'them' at the same time... !!!

• Quotes
    Quotes

VioletAnai????

Can't be!!

She already delivered her "farewell to JWD" post recently.

Who are you and why are you pretending to be our dearly departed VioletAnai?

===========================
    For interesting Watchtower Society literature quotes, complete with references but without any editorial, check out: http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• willy_think
    willy_think

Incense_and_Peppermints,
    Some times witness come here to peek behind the curtain. They see what they would rather not see, that there house is built on sand. they kick and scream, wanting it so badly to be the truth they thought it was. After a time posts slowly change and you can watch the JW start to think and in the end free themselves from the WT, I've seen it more then a few times.

It's also good to remember JWD is not for X-JWs, it is for discussing all things JW related, that would include active JWs.

I understand and agree with you about JW being alike but I also understand that it's the programing that makes them alike. When the programing is broken, like it was with you, a wide verity of free people emerge.

I can only assume that you are not talking about people like YOU_KNOW or Y2K they need medications, that has nothing to do with the WT.

The Great and Powerful Oz:

pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
  • VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

Quotes:

Nah, couldn't be, could it?!? She's got far more self-control than that!.....but I lie!

• bonovox
    bonovox

You cant move on and get over the bullshit if you keep wallowing in it. I could really care less what the bad ones do, there ARE good Witnesses out there, I still talk to them. Do you think I'm lying for their benefit? I have absolutely no reason to, if anyone was 'stepped on' by the baddies, I sure was. Dont tell me about the lukewarm thing, smart people can read a magazine or listen to a talk and then make a balanced private decision on how they are going to make personal application of it in their own lives.

Maybe the difference for me is that I just left, because I knew I wasnt interested any longer in living up to all the 'rules'. Plus I felt I was way smarter than half the uneducated people who would plod methodically thru the studies like it was a real brain teaser for them, very frustrating for someone who thinks a mile a second and gets bored easy. It was that simple for me. Just like being a member of any other organization in this world. Most have a charter, and by joining you agree to follow it. Hell, if you rent an apartment you sign a lease that says you agree to follow the rules of the building. If you deliberately flaunt them, you get notified to straighten up, and then if you refuse you ultimately get kicked out. Whats so hard to understand about that?

Get over the bitterness. Your life will improve 100% because of it. I watched my bitterly apostate father ruin his life over it, and it was only when he got a real life that didnt involve trash talking the witnesses at his every opportunity that he became a real human being again.

Call me a 'witness-apologist' if you'd like, Ive been called way worse, and for someone who's been 'out' for over 12 years it'll just roll right off my back, thanks very much.

I just thought of a song that has helped thru many a dark moment, kinda follows thru on my 'let it go' idea. It's called "Bad", by U2, found on the Unforgettable Fire LP. It's originally about heroin addiction but as with most of their songs has a unique ambiguity that allows the listener to embrace it no matter what their personal demon. Here are the lyrics, take a listen it's a very moving tune:

"If you twist and turn away
    If you tear yourself in two again
    If I could, yes I would
    If I could, I would let it go.
    Surrender, dislocate.

If I could throw this lifeless
    Lifeline to the wind.
    Leave this heart of clay,
    See you walk, walk away,
    Into the night.
    And through the rain.
    Into the half-light,
    And through the flame.

If I could through myself,
    set your spirit free.
    I'd lead your heart away,
    See you break, break away
    Into the light.
    And to the day.

To let it go,
    And so to fade away.
    To let it go,
    And so fade away.

I'm wide awake.
    I'm wide awake.
    I'm not sleeping.
    Oh, no, no.

If you should ask then maybe
    They'd tell you what I would say.
    True colors fly in blue and black,
    Bruised silken skies and burning flak
    Colors crash, collide in blood shot eyes.

If I could, you know I would.
    If I could, I would let it go.

This desparation.
    Dislocation.
    Separation.
    Condemnation.
    Revelation.
    In temptation.
    Isolation.
    Desolation.

Let it go,
    And so to fade away.