Why is the GB such a hardarse?

by CornerStone 1 Replies latest jw friends

• CornerStone
    CornerStone

Hello All,

Of late I've been wondering why the WT takes such a hard stance on those who justly point out serious problems in the org. Silentlambs and AJWRB are prominant examples of the org fighting ANY who try to promote Christ-like behavior among the 'throng of witnesses'.

I was downloading info from the Research on the WT websight, (link at the bottom of this page), and I came across an interesting court case from half a century ago.

This is under Alan Feuerbacher, Notes on False Prophets, Part 4, The WTS says it is a prophet and inspired. About halfway down H. C. Covington is on the stand, answering questions:

Q. Back to the point now. A false prophesy was promulgated?

A. I agree that.

Q. It had to be accepted by Jehovah's Witnesses?

A. That is correct.

Q. If a member of Jehovah's Witnesses took the view himself that that prophesy was wrong and said so he would be disfellowshipped?

A. Yes, if he said so and kept persisting in creating trouble, because if the whole organisation believes one thing, even though it be erronious and somebody else starts on his own trying to put his ideas across then there is disunity and trouble, there cannot be harmony, there cannot be marching. When a change comes it should come from the proper source, the head of the organisation, the governing body, not from the bottom upwards, because everybody would have ideas, and the organisation would disintegrate and go in a thousand different directions. Our purpose is to have unity.

Q. Unity at all costs?

A. Unity at all costs, because we believe and are sure that Jehovah God is using our organisation, the governing body of our organisation to direct it, even though mistakes are made from time to time.

Q. And unity based upon an enforced acceptance of false prophecy?

A. That is conceded to be true.

Q. And the person who expressed his view, as you say, that it was wrong, and was disfellowshipped, would be in breach of the Covenant, if he was baptized?

A. That is correct.

Q. And as you said yesterday expressly, would be worthy of death?

A. I think -- -- --

Q. Would you say yes or no?

A. I will answer yes, unhesitatingly.

Q. Do you call that religion?

A. It certainly is.

Q. Do you call it Christianity?

A. I certainly do.

This response from the wt legal drone and similar views help me to understand WHY the gb are so hard on those who expose their wrong doing.

To me, it is apparent that the governing body believe they have the God given right to maintain the cohesion of the organization no matter what offenses, abuses, or lies they perpetuate, no matter who or how many innocents they hurt!

The care and concern of the 'flock' means NOTHING to them. Only their control of their precious 'org' has any bearing on their policy or proceedure!

Just like the Pharesees and religious leaders of Jesus day who complained that Jesus' teachings would make ROME take away the Jewish nation from their control, the governing body of jehovah's witnesses resist Jesus teachings about love, compassion, and justice because they KNOW opposite of love, 'fear and intimidation' work soo well to keep people in their CONTROL!

As long as these men think God is talking directly to their brains, (skitzo?), then forcing their hand is the only way meaningful change can happen among jehovah's witnesses.

CornerStone

• TR
    TR

Thanks, Corner.

That little exchange is a classic, and should be framed on hung on a wall somewhere......a wall on the INTERNET! For all to see!

What sayeth ye, 'hovahs?

TR

UADNA-WA
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America- Washington Division

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit