Abraham, Isaac, Jacob are IN the Kingdom of Heaven?

by FusionTheism 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

The new Jesus Book ("The Way, The Truth, The Life"), Page 92 says this:

"Once Jesus has performed that healing, he uses the occasion to confirm that non-Jews of faith will be favored with blessings, saying: “Many from east and west will come and recline at the table with Abraham and Isaac and Jacob in the Kingdom of the heavens.” What about faithless Jews? Jesus says that they “will be thrown into the darkness outside. There is where their weeping and the gnashing of their teeth will be.”—Matthew 8:11, 12.

Hence, natural Jews who do not accept the opportunity offered first to them to be part of the Kingdom with Christ will be rejected. But Gentiles will be welcomed to recline at his table, as it were, “in the Kingdom of the heavens.”

-------

The Watchtower Society has always said (for decades now) that only the 144,000 Anointed Ones chosen after Jesus was resurrected, will be in the Kingdom of Heaven, and that Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and those who died before the resurrection of Jesus would live on earth and NOT be in the Kingdom of Heaven.

This new Jesus book quotes that Scripture about Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob being IN the Kingdom of Heaven without adding any kind of exception or explanation.

• menrov
    menrov

without adding any kind of exception or explanation

That is not uncommon for the society. As such, most JW's will not notice they ave changed their mind/views/doctrine again........

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

Poor writing. I have found that to be an issue with many of their doctrines. They simply skip certain things and don't explain what the scripture means or what they think the scripture means. Many times I've had questions during my personal bible reading and tried to research a scripture only to find that there are no articles written to explain the scripture that I had questions on. Really that was a big reason why I started looking outside the org.

I don't think the doctrine has changed. I think they are just pointing out that the Jews of the first century that reject Jesus' teachings miss out on going to heaven and the conveniently skipped the part about "Abraham and Isaac and Jacob in the Kingdom of the heavens.”

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

sounds like you are you are mis-reading it fusiontheism, but good catch anyway

edit: Abraham, Issac and Jacob signify blessings and not heavenly life, i think.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    The out is right there, folks. If ever questioned they have "But Gentiles will be welcomed to recline at his table, as it were, “in the Kingdom of the heavens.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit