Can This Be True?

by Hold Me-Thrill Me 28 Replies latest jw friends

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

While it is the plan to get every last cent from every child, things like this tend to be quickly forgotten by the sheeple

I agree with Billy, the kids will remember the video for about 1 day and then life will get back to normal and their interest will shift to Jurassic World, the Ant Man, Minions, and all the other movies that will come out in the summer. And when they go to the movies, they will be thinking butter popcorn and not contributions at the Kingdom Hall. So I wouldn't get to worked up for it. Maybe what would help you more not to get so upset to stay away from the JW Broadcast and their videos and see something more uplifting.

• Alive!
    Alive!
    Just deleted wording in this post - wrong topic! Sorry - working from iPhone.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Mmm, butter popcorn! I gotta get to a movie this weekend :)
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

And who can really look at a picture like this...

... and think the money for that ice-cream should have been given to Botchtower Corporation instead?

Answer: The As$ho!e GB of Botchtower Corporation

• smiddy
    smiddy

I can see the parents of these kids encouraging their little darlings to mimic Sophia , giving them the money to drop in the contribution box , and when the kid asks for an ice cream the parent will remind them they gave their money to the K.H. contribution box.

Which one do you think will wake up first ? the parent or the kid.?

The parent is putting in extra dollars for their kids as well as their own contributions

The kids are now missing out on sweets and ice creams because they gave their pocket money to the K.H.

smiddy

I know what my priorities were as a kid.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Smiddy that's brilliant! Yeah let's cheer ourselves up with the thought that the crazier and greedier this religion gets the more it wakes people up.
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    To the OP, I agree with your suspicion. I will also say that aging isn't for sissies. Take some quiet time, meditate and strategize. No rush. Much love and support here, so take heart.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Remember kids Satan the Devil is the Ice Cream man so don't give your money to him , why not give it Jehovah's Publishing house the Watchtower Corporation, that way you'll make him happy and not Satan.

• fukitol
    fukitol

The GB really has reached the nadir in scum-bucketness, saying a little child should donate to them instead of buying an ice-cream.

Is there any more vile a religion except for the religious extremists in ISIS (no sports, no fun) for treating children so horribly than the JW's?

No birthdays, Easter, Christmas (accordingly viewed as a weirdo by schoolmates), no after-school sports, children forced to sit through dull, boring long meetings twice a week with no separate programme for the little ones like other churches do, babies and children to die rather than get an emergency life-saving blood transfusion, a paedophile in every congregation who is almost impossible to kick-out, must go door-knocking as a child magazine seller.....

You can tell the morality of any society or religion by how well it treats it's children, and JW's scrape the bottom of the barrel.

The GB make me puke!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

All the best Frank!

Hope you reach the point where you do what you want in your life - rather than being intimidated by J.W. peer pressure to do what they require of you!

See you later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit