suggestion

by Realist 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Realist
    Realist

how about all abuse victims get together and sue the WT for a billion dollars of reparation (in this country certainly a reasonable amount! :) ? ...similar to how lungcancer patients sued the tabacco industry. that should put the WT out of buisness!!! :)

• dmouse
    dmouse

I was shocked to read in another thread that the cases we have been hearing about on Dateline are the ONLY ones ever to be tried in court against the WBTS.

Considering the amount of mis-handled abuse cases that are coming to light I wonder why there has not been more.

Hopefully the dateline program and the courage of those who came forward will act as a catalyst for others.

But I doubt it, I think the things that have happened to some people while in the JW religion are just too awful and embarrassing for the victims to share with the public, and there are many legal issues that might prevent them coming forward after a certain period of time.

Good idea in theory though.

• chezza
    chezza

What a wonderful idea, i'm sure i could get rich suing the society, but alas too many family still in, damn.

• Francois
    Francois

I don't think I'm out of line in mentioning that among all the options being studied by the UADNA and its affiliates, a class-action lawsuit based on quite a few issues may be one of the reactions in the works.

You'll be informed via the usual non-public methods.

Francois

• Bang
    Bang

I've been wondering whether all ex-jws could put together a petition to inhibit the entrance of dubs into peoples homes, state by state - on the basis that the religion does not reveal pertinent information to those who are being coerced, and it is often only much later that it is discovered just how offensive the whole thing is - often after families have been seriously affected.

It shouldn't be allowed in unsuspecting people's homes, particularly as they pass themselves of as tolerant Christians when the truth is that they deny that Christ is God (the commonly known sense of being Christian) and they are simply waiting for eveyone else to be killed.

Start small - can those people in that small town that won't let them in be helped by a well crafted request/objection and the numbers on this board to assist?

Who knows something about this sort of thing?

Bang

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I believe that a lot of people do not sue the WT is because they do not have the funds. Many of us who leave have little resources to support ourselves nevermind launch a case that the WT can keep in front of the courts for years - for example the Canadian man fighting for blood for his daughter.

These would be civil cases so that means even legal aid would not get involved.

And here in Canada a few people have tried it unsuccessfully

A not-so-silent lamb

Aspire to inspire before you expire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit