Went to a Methodist Church Christmas Carnival

by AlphaMan 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Went to a Methodist Church Christmas carnival today. Everyone was invited and welcome. There was no Watchtower mandated JW's in good standing only rule. Everyone was having fun. There was no JW mandated no-fun, no-being-a-kid, act like stuck up holier-than-thou uberdub conduct rules. People wore whatever clothing they chose to wear. There was no JW mandated suit or dress policy. There was Christmas decorations, music, and a festive atmosphere. There was no JW mandated everything is pagan policy.

This Church put on a first class event. There was free breakfast, drinks & snacks. There was numerous activites for kids, including pictures with Santa, Mrs.Santa & Elves. The best thing is that this is Texas and they set up an outdoor snow slide for the kids. The Church easily spent $10,000 on this event.

I came away very impressed by the people there, and that the Church didn't care if people were members or not. How different the way they showed love was to that of Jehovah's Witnesses. I thought several times how 19 years ago I would have been condemning this church and these people for this. Shame on the Watchtower for teaching us to hate & condemn good people and innocent fun like this.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

I attended a Methodist service once a few years ago. I was impressed by the friendliness and the warm atmosphere. The next day a couple of older women from the church brought a loaf of homemade banana-nut bread to my house, and thanked me for coming to their church.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I came away very impressed by the people there, and that the Church didn't care if people were members or not. How different the way they showed love was to that of Jehovah's Witnesses. I thought several times how 19 years ago I would have been condemning this church and these people for this. Shame on the Watchtower for teaching us to hate & condemn good people and innocent fun like this.

Many churches of different denominations in my area have meaningful events during the Hannukah/Christmas season.

The other night I went outside for some cool air. A baptist church I have never heard of had left a big basket full of food, fruit, treats, pens, socks, etc. on my front deck.

The only explanation I can think of is that one of their members has been treating me at a center for people with a particular life threatening disease.

2 of the RN's there are members of my church, so anything is possible.

The love and concern Christians show others, no matter what they believe proves who Jesus' real disciples are.

The Watchtower society condemns organizations like Second Harvest for having televised donation drives during Christmas.

Those Watchtower assholes don't stop to think that such organizations can operate an entire year on what those donations bring in while the Jehovah's Witnesses are hounded year round by the Watchtower for MORE. MORE, MORE $$$$.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit