The Pope is not afraid to call the police about pedophiles.......

by sparky1 9 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sparky1
    sparky1

Take note GOVERNING BODY of JEHOVAHS WITNESSES (tm). Even the Pope realizes that it is important to get the secular authorities involved in child molestation cases. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!!!

http://abcnews.go.com/international/wirestory/spanish-police-arrestpriests-pedophile-case-27131048

• talesin
    talesin

That's called "Shutting the barn door after the horse escapes." The Pope doesn't have much choice, after all the lawsuits and publicity .... let's hope that happens to the WTS SOON.

Yes, Watchtower - your VICTIMS are coming for YOU - Jehovah's Minions! You - abusers of children and champions of pedos - YOU.

tal

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Let's not start admiring this man, now. He's the head of a crazy religion, and he's just trying to limit the damage to the church. Maybe he's dealing with the pedophile issue, but what about all the crazy doctrines that oppress the members of the church?

• never a jw
    never a jw

Talesin, Hortensia,

Wow! Damn if you do, damn if you don't.

I guess once people turn way from religion, religious leaders of any kind can never be good no matter what they do. I thought I was the most cynical person in the world, but JW's and some exJW's can easily beat me to first place.

• talesin
    talesin

never a jw

I don't hate the RC Church. I DO hate cover-ups of child rape. The Church has been under fire for 4 decades now, and the Pope has finally made a statement.

Here in Eastern Canada, there have been at least 2 large scandals, and the RC Church is selling off one of its diocese' properties to pay for the settlements. What about the history of this makes you look more kindly at the RC Church? After they have been sued and exposed for covering up child rape, and protecting pedophiles, the Pope NOW says the police should be called.

Cynical? No. Realistic. I have two very close RC friends, one of whom 'almost' left the Church when the Mount Cashel abuse story broke. They are disillusioned with the Church. And that makes me cynical? I guess my CAtholic friends are .... what would you call it? Crushed? Disillusioned? Yeah, all of the above.

tal

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Not cynical. Just calling a spade a spade. Religion has a lot to answer for, and now some of them are being called to account. When you think of all the terrible damage done by religion, what the pope is doing isn't enough. It's a start, but he's got the augean stables to deal with, and I don't see him trying to clean it all out. He's a realist. It doesn't make him a saint.

• sparky1
    sparky1

No praise for the Pope here or for the Roman Catholic Church. All I was pointing out was that this man (because of public pressure and outcry from his parishoners) is willing to face the enormity of the crisis in the church that he is the head of and that he is not afraid to use Ceasar to bring criminals to justice.

If the Governing Body really believed the scripture in Romans 13:1-4 then I think that they would be more than willing to enlist the aid of the 'superior authorities' in bringing pedophiles to justice.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

They've created a secret world, whereas the pope is on display -- so he is held accountable more than the GB are.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Talesin, Hortensia

This is a new pope, quite a different one from the previous one. Have you noticed? Give credit where and when credit is due. Just saying.

After learning all the B.S. surrounding religions I have become anti-religion, but that doesn't prevent me from noticing some good deeds or positive trends, often by religious individuals, even if they represent a larger body. This pope has been trying to move the religion in the right direction since he came into office. Can we give him a little credit.

Oh well, I guess you can always say that he has ulterior motives and his actions are not sincere.

JW thinking at its best. Everyone else is horrible!!!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Never a JW -- who's being judgemental? You don't agree with me, so you accuse me of "JW thinking." You're feeling a little superior here, aren't you? So kind of you to give the pope a little credit. What a broadminded, fair person you are. Warms the cockles of my heart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit