Why WT Elders can't handle child abuse cases

by JT 18 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• JT
    JT

If we walk away with nothing from this whole issue on Dateline

i think the following is so important

let us compare the Appointed Elders who are asked to look into the matter of child molestation,

guys who spend thier working hours doing cleaning, janitorial work, plumbers and mostly low paying or blue collar jobs-

while in and of themselves there is nothing wrong with such jobs,

i dare anyone to honestly state that with such a background

they are equiped to handle and question persons who have been molested

in fact even college educated persons ------are not usually trained in this special area -

they may be great structual engineers, but more than likely very little in their formal training prepared them to deal with this type of issue.

yet wt has entrusted such persons to do just that.

many of us who have served as elders recall very vividly how we were constantly told how we recieved the greatest training in the world

we were COMPLETELY EQUIPED FOR EVERY GOOD WORK INCLUDING CHILD MOLESTATION ISSUE.

in fact the avg jw has been told so many times in their life to

TURN TO THE ELDERS IT AIN;T EVEN FUNNY

it is not sad to think that a bunch of guys who hand out Cheese on Crackers at Walmart for a living are convinced to believe that they are qualified to handle such issues

and when they call bethel for help and they are talking to some bro on the Service desk - in most cases they are talking to a guy who came to bethel at 19 worked in the laundry, cleaning or factory, was a good yes man, and moved up from the manual labor work at bethel to a desk job as a secretary and later got his own secretary and now he has 35 yrs of bethel service with or without a HS Diploma and now our Cheese Cracker bro is on the phone talking to our YES man on an issue this involved- with it's emotional , psycholgical and physicall ramifications on this person's life and the first question is :

"Bro What state do you live in?"

yes you got a clown on both ends of the phone and now some little 7yr old girl will have life and happiness decisions made in here behalf that will impact her for years to come

how sad indeed

what is even funnier is how they could convince the rest of the rank and file jw to accept a guy who hands out Cheese Crackers at Walmart to be viewed and esteemed as the ALL WISE AND KNOWING one among them.

well when the Sh#t hits the fan this is how wt explains about the quality of thier Elders:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

JR Brown WT Spokesman: when asked about the calibur of the elders he stated :

"Elders are basically Untrained volunteers"

so much for that spirit directed stuff-----

now can you imagine that you are sitting on the runway in a 747 at LAX and they annouce over the PA

this is to inform you that in the cabin today is Leroy, Fred and Ralph they are all Untrained Volunteers who will be flying us overseas

yes this is what it is like my friends

this quote below explains what needs to be done and why THEY ARE AT LEAST TRAINED:

1) go to the police FIRST. They are trained and expereinced investigators.

2) The child should be interrogated by a TRAINED EXPERIENCED person FIRST, social worker or police, who are trained

3) The accused needs to be interrogated by TRAINED AND EXPERIENCED person FIRST..social workers or police

########

JUST MY 2
    jAMES

202-336-8792 WASHINGTON DC

• Black Man
    Black Man

I can't think of a better way to sum it up......That's on-point JT....

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I'm glad you're still visiting here.

"Cheese Cracker" elder - I love you man!

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi JT. That was a profound statement. I'm glad to came to visit for a while.

• waiting
    waiting

Well, HEY!!! JT,

I haven't read your post yet - just tickled to see your name!

Now, I will properly go back and read seriously.

waiting

• Grunt
    Grunt

Those "cheese craker elders" better be thinking about their cheesy little butts too, as they will be hung out to dry on their own "volunteer" credentials and an enormous distance will quickly develop between them and Brooklyn. I doubt many of their phone calls will be returned once they start getting sued. The "Yes" man will soon learn a different answer, "NO" brother, uh, we never intended that and I don't think you will find that in any of our WRITTEN correspondance! The Mormans let an elder of theirs HANG for following orders once, and I suspect the WT would love to give up a few OTHER sheep to get this off their backs. Barbara Anderson probably has room for complaint over defamation of character, and I would love to see everybody that can think of a possible reason contact a lawyer see if they would be interested in doing it on a contingency basis. As many hungry ambulance chasers as we have out there, I imagine a lot would be eager for a shot a piece of the Tower. I would love to see a feeding frenzy myself. Oh the gnashing of teeth there would be in Brooklyn when their True Love, the almighty Dollar was being molested for a change. Then we would see some real changes. We know where their treasure really is and it sure isn't heaven.

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Excellent post, JT! Nice to hear (read from)you again.

What constantly blows my mind, as a worldly person, is the mind control that allow the rank and file JW to believe these elders are so wise and well trained. How they will accept the judgement and advice of these elders against their own common sence and instinct to protect their children. It baffles me! Even now, I'm afraid most will not question the organization. It is the mind control I find so very very scary.

• Imbue
    Imbue

JTsays:

The child should be interrogated by a TRAINED EXPERIENCED person FIRST, social worker or police, who are trained

Interrogated is a strong word for this maybe assessed by a trained psychologist would be more accurate. I hope for the children.

"Elders are basically Untrained volunteers" LOL...We all knew this but were told other wise, as you said, over and over again. Hmm... They only make such statements when trying to wiggle out of a tight spot. So, they must be squirming. It feels so good!

In my area many elders are college educated. Some are professors, psychologists, accountants, lawyers and too many programmers to mention. However NONE of them are trained for the special situation of child molestation. An elders lack of education, special training and experience is the issue. These one day meeting to train elders will never make them specially trained for anything. An example is the so called special training the elders received to handling battered woman's issues. It didn't help most of them they still live in the dark ages on everything to do with family issues.

JT It's good to read your thoughts again!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The only good elite are dead elite!!"-Naeblis
    (Ok! He borrowed it)

• TR
    TR

Once again JT hits a home run with this topic.

'hovahs ASSume that 'hovah is guiding them no matter who the dim-bulb is that handles these sensitive matters. God's guidance is better than trained professionals, you know.[8>]

TR

UADNA-WA
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America- Washington Division

• Tanalyst
    Tanalyst

JT you got that right!

The head honcho at Service Dept. used to be a painter at Bethel;Campbell is his name. Dateline may never had happened if he had a degree in psychology.Decades ago if you wanted to crawl up the ladder you didn't rock the boat, you were a yes man to Knorr and Co.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit