What is the SECRET to the JW Code?

by Jehovanomics 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jehovanomics
    Jehovanomics

Can't these people see the $$$ DOLLAR signs that are being made here for the last 100 years???

• Honesty
    Honesty

Most of them have so much time and $$$$ invested in the Watchtower that they are afraid to leave.

Also, the Watchtower has reviled all other denominations to the point that JW's beleiev they have nowhere to go for spiritual food except at a kingdom hall.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Jehovanomics - "What is the SECRET to the JW Code?"

One thing's for sure; Dan Brown ain't gonna write a book about it.

• MissFit
    MissFit

When I was active, $$$ did not even come on my radar. Why? Because I believed the money was put back in to support the greater need.

Our emphasis was on saving lives.

I really do not think that harping on the money part will open the rank and file's eyes.

When you hear at the meetings about all the kingdom halls being built, and publications and languages being printed, you assume that the money is spent "furthering the kingdom interests."

I dob remember feeling a little uneasy whenb they bought that fancy theater and fixed it up. It seemed too indulgent to me.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Only recently have I heard any question of the money being demanded.

For example, the exhorbitant fees to use their Assembly Halls, many of which have been paid off for years or decades. We all know this is a mandatory donation that feeds the ca$h insatiable monster in New York.

The "cancellation" of all Kingdom Hall mortgages owed to the Society was an extremely shrewd plan. Most R&F didn't realize they were actually comitting to never-ending mortgage payments. The cash grab of any money that Cong had in the bank raised a few eyebrows, but typically only in a Cong that had a huge cash surplus, and that is rare in Borgland.

Doc

• MissFit
    MissFit

Doc: I think only the Elders would be aware. The rank and file wouldn't even question it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit