Eventually, the WT may teach that we are in the 1,000 year reign NOW.

by EndofMysteries 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I wouldn't be surprised if one day the WT says we are in the 1,000 year reign now. Show scriptures how nothing is shown that people are living forever or not dying during the 1,000 year reign. Scriptures how the finale of gog of magog in Ezekiel is by fire coming from heaven to consume the armies and how it was to show the world his return, etc. And overall improvement in world and less wars, etc. Then they'll say in 2914 is when the big A happens, but they'll find a way to spin how people must be loyal to the WT their whole lives, even if they won't be alive during that time, they'll show scriptures how when people are judged, the 'books opened' show that they are judged on their past life and how much they obeyed the WT.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Ummmmmm.......last I heard, we ARE in the 1,000 year reign of Christ. Have been since 1914. That's what 1914 is all about, how Jesus took up His heavenly throne and has been ruling as King, - Invisibly!!!! We are 100 years in by JW standards.

After the Big A, I guess there is another 1,000 years of teaching and mankind reaching perfection, before Satan is let out of the Abyss to "test" the faithful one last time, and anyone being led astray by him will be burned in an almighty, eternal destruction in the Lake of Fire. At least, that's what I was always taught.

- Wing Commander

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

While I am not confident of the details that you suggest, the basic premise-I'm surprised that one hasn't begun already. Except they need some intense persectution and they aren't getting any more than some self induced and/or mostly avoidable issues.

It doesn't matter though, how they explain it or what they say. Most JWs won't argue about it.

• sir82
    sir82

last I heard, we ARE in the 1,000 year reign of Christ. Have been since 1914. That's what 1914 is all about

Official JW doctrine is that the 1000 years starts after Armageddon, after the "abyssing" of Satan.

Jesus' rule since 1914 is something else - not sure what, exactly, but not part of the 1000 years.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

For reason no intense persecution, etc.... they will say that satan was imprisoned in 1914. The wars and problems now are just imperfect humanity. The reason JW's are free and no intense persecution is because the 1000 year reign they have peace and able to preach freely, but at the end of the 1,000 year reign is when they are attacked.

(this is all hogwash ofcoarse but goes to show how easy to manipulate scriptures, like Rutherford did to apply all of revelation to himself, etc)

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The World had Ended Millions now living Will Never Die Talk was to prove the Millennium had started. The Golden Age Magazine was to show how the blessings of Christs Millennial Rule were already benefitting `mankind, with noo technology, medical science, etc. Nothing new here.

Sir 82 the WT taught Armageddon would be over by 1914. hence the above...

• prologos
    prologos

right on hamsterbait, last time I looked the Awake is still liste under the "g" symbol in wt literature parlance.

g for golden age, the wt midas touch.

• designs
    designs

That is the Bible Students position.

• prologos
    prologos

that could be also the position of some reform jews. I remeber going h2h alone during an elder course in a metropolitain N,A city, and in an impressive Jewish home, in the candelabred lobby, the dignified gentlemen explained that he did not believe in a personal messiah, but in an messianic age now developing and the jewish elite the Einstein, greenbergs of this world would be the main benefectors. fulfilling messianic promises.

how can we fail?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit