Any xjw Fellowship in Australia?

by spaz 6 Replies latest jw friends

• spaz
    spaz

Hi Folks,
    Does anyone know if anyone is holding in-house monotheistic Christian fellowship in Australia? We live in the central portion of the state of Victoria and are willing to travel moderate distances to fellowship with like-minded believers and/or have fellowship at our home. Contact me at the enclosed e.mail address.

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Welcome to the board Spaz. I live in Melbourne but I'm not a believer. I am an exjw and I don't mind discussing all aspects of religion. It's just that I lost my faith when I left the WT and that was 20 years ago.

Marilyn

• spaz
    spaz

Hi Marilyn,
    Thanks for your response. When we departed the orwellian watchtower world we didn't throw the baby out with the bathwater as so many xjws seem inclined to do. We believe the bible's claim to be God's word; we even believe in some doctrinal points we accepted when we were jws. We simply believe that Christian unity must be achieved through diversity and not conformity, and the way to achieve that is by creating an environment where people can feel free to disagree without being disagreeable. Does that make sense?

• Prisca
    Prisca

Spaz,

You might be interested in this link: http://www.pnc.com.au/~fichrist/whorwe.html
    They might be able to inform you of any other Christian ex-jws who are in your area.

I live in Sydney, and know some other ex-jws who have remained Christians, if you ever get to travel up this way.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I know it's too far away, but there's one I know of on the Central Coast led by an Anglican trained clergyman who's planted a house church there.

Also, around Ryde in the northern suburbs, there's a non-denominational gathering.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• spaz
    spaz

Thanks Prisca; The Free In Christ ministries has a trinitarian focus which we cannot buy into. I know an xjw west of Newcastle who was considering satisfying his fellowship needs with FIN, but couldn't get in to trinity worship either.

And Ozzie, I guess I should have better defined "travel moderate distances. The Central Coast and Ryde is about a three week journey on camel. Thank You.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

To clarify: FIC ministries would not satisfy "fellowship needs". It's more for support and exit counselling. Fellowship on a regular weekly basis would have to be done elsewhere. FIC ministries has a Baptist church staffing.

Re Trinity focus: IMO it would be a big ask to find a non-Trinitarian house church model in Oz.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit