Why I Love Christmas

by andrekish 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• andrekish
    andrekish

I love celebrating something with goodness at its' true core, even Christmas. Some would condemn me for this but that is their concern, not mine.

I think Satan is real and I think Father Christmas and Santa Claus are like Satan's claws at this time of year 'coz we all go bonkers and buy everything in site and overdo things totally.

But that's not Christmas to me. I learned about the true spirit of Christmas as a child and it will never wane in me. Christmas is a time of joy and peace and wonder. It is a time when the humans who recall the wonder they felt as a child try to provide this feeling in their kids. But then so many silly beggars go and swamp their dear little ones with all sorts of crap they do not need in their young lives. Or even worse, celebrate Christmas but fail to teach their kids what it is all about. Jesus was born one day a while back and that's very nice but I wasn't there so take it on advice from others and refuse to fight over it. So to wish happy birthday to Christ I raise a glass and say thank you. I would to anyone who took a bullet for me, on every occassion I could.

Kids should know a feeling like Christmas Eve, the joy of expectation. It will prepare them for what follows the coming apocalypse. Then it will truly be Christmas Eve, when all of our hopes are fulfilled and when our dead folk come back to prepare for Christmas Day.

The day after Christ hands back his kindgom to his Creator and those of us, possibly most of us once will see for ourselves, after this coming apocalypse, that this is actually for real. And from then on every day will be just like Christmas Day. And then we can all celebrate properly because there will be peace among men of goodwill. I have here no delusions of grandeur nor ego. I genuinely think this is gonna happen for real but I may not live to see it happen 'coz I'm just a speck of dust in the wind. A tiny mind in an ocean of humanity, worth no more than that

This world today, is on the eve of a proper Christmas Eve, falsely celebrating Christmas-Online.com. So I put up the lights and decorations to remind me of what is to come.

This is not contrary to the teachings of the Watchtower and Bible Tract Society, but permits me to decorate my home for my disabled wife (non Jehovah's Witness) and not go crazy 'coz some-one thinks from afar that I can't be trusted. Instead I will guard my heart above all things - even some of the doctrines of others and enjoy each year the almost-peace that occurs on earth every 25th December. I remember being told about peace on earth as a little child and it sounded great.

So I don't celebrate a pagan festival, nor a commercial one. I celebrate the future when every knee will bow at a certain name. And I am convinced that when the prophecies of the old scrolls are fulfilled everyone will be glad to be alive.

And that is what Christmas should be about so it is in my house 'coz even the most fanatical evangelists from whatever group can't argue against that or else they are misquoting a Bible.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

True, there are so many different ways to observe Christmas. As one that believes that it is Satan that is working for mankind and joke-hova working to enslave us, and that Jesus is a work of fiction intended to provide the model of the perfect slave for us to follow, I do not respect that thing. However, for me, Christmas is the rebirth of the sun--something to be celebrated. Jesus resembles so many pagan gods that have most of the same traits--except they were not models for the perfect slave.

As for the contents of Christmas, most of it is stolen from pagan celebrations anyways. I can think of so many ways to observe this peaceful holiday in ways that do not promote this archetype of the perfect slave but promote development of your own soul. Shopping, within your means, is one way to observe and appreciate your material prosperity and prepare the soul to accept more. Having fun, including with family, is another way to be spiritually upbuilt. Putting lights on the tree is also perfectly natural--that lights up the soul, while portraying the reborn sun. It also helps with that dreary period during the winter solstice, so no need to rush to pull them down on December 26. Even most of the symbols were adapted from ancient rituals and customs--including the cross (taken from the Cross of the Zodiac), the starburst (that star is Sirius, with the other three "wise men" represented by the three stars in the Belt of Orion, where Sirius points to where the sun will rise on December 25).

Those who believe in Jesus can continue using the occasion to observe his birth. Those who are not Christians can enjoy the pagan and non-Christian aspects of the holiday, including the pagan observances. The most important thing is to not let the few spoil it for everyone else. Children do benefit from having the tree going up, the shopping, the presents under the tree, the baking and partying, the magic of Santa filling up the stockings, and the opening of the presents. Even the process of getting that Wish Book in October can add to it, and if you sometimes visit friends with children, Christmas can extend into February. Depriving children of these fun experiences robs them of half the fun of the late fall into winter, and should be a crime.

There are things to bear in mind. Do not feel forced to go to church on Christmas Eve if you are not Christian. Drink driving is bad, no matter what your religion, and I do not recommend it (you can get jail time, or a trip to the hospital or the coffin, ensuring a dreary Christmas and a crappy New Year for all involved). I do not recommend using drugs that will ruin your brain and your liver. And, bear in mind that you do not want extended debt. Especially this coming year with Neptune reaching a bad position, you want to prepare for the coming hyperinflation. The more you can do in cash, or getting things earlier in the year so they are paid for in lieu of charging your credit card, the better.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have always loved Christmas, even as an active JDub.

Of course, back then I could never go the whole hog and have loads of lights festooning my property, or have a tree with baubles on and presents underneath, as I wished I could.

But we always had our huge family together, a wonderful meal, lots of drink and bonhomie. A good time.

There is not a great difference now, except we can do as we like, no pressure.

I know its early but:

Have a GREAT CHRISTMAS Y'all.

• millie210
    millie210

WTWizard,

What good advice for a long successful life in general.

Thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit