This really felt great.Just a little memory.

by kairos 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kairos
    kairos

About two years ago after I had resigned as a MS, two elders came by to "encourage" me.

The first line of questioning was if I still believed the GB was directing the ORG.

I asked him "not to interrogate me".

They tried to open to a series of scriptures.

I cut them off with this tasty zinger: "I'm not interested!".

--

DONE!

--

They have not asked to see me since.

Being direct has it's advantages.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Good on ya!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I think that there are a lot of people trying so hard not to make waves theocratically that they forget tht it isn't a sin or a shame to tell people that you are not interested in speaking with them. I like direct. One does not need to admit anything, simple excuse yourself from any conversation that is accusatory or an interrogatory.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

e first line of questioning was if I still believed the GB was directing the ORG.

I would have said yes, as yes the GB is directing the ORG, it's not being directed by Jesus or any other non earth entity

• Gregor
    Gregor

Perfect!

• Divergent
    Divergent

Agree with somepride, as they asked if the GB is directing the org & not if the GB is being directed by Christ. No hesitation on that one!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

"I'm not interested!". So when they left they marked their house to house record "NI."

You did them a favor, you gave them a means of classifying your status.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread!

hey kairos, you know this topic interests me!

• kairos
    kairos

You need to get yourself into a spot where you can hold your ground and keep your feelings to yourself without feeling obligated to answer the elders questioning.

--Maybe easier said than done.

I have done it.

I think once they get that you will not "play ball", they will leave you alone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit