Interesting Iraqi Humor

by metatron 3 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

http://www.latimes.com/world/great-reads/la-fg-c1-iraq-isis-tv-comedy-20141029-story.html#page=1

Crude and anti-semitic admittedly but effective. If the Muslim world can get away with lampooning these murderers, then it is a positive thing. Not the Protestant Reformation but a step in the right direction.

metatron

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

These guys have massive courage. They are right too, Comedy is way more effective than any other medium in getting a message across.

Cartoons and jokes and videos of a comic nature about the JW's have done much more to undermine the Borg than all the banner waving outside of Conventions. Someone should tell Rick Fearon.

• humbled
    humbled

Ditto, Phizzy

and thanks, metatron for posting this--absolutely the best thing I have heard or seen to make hope rise for savvy, humane and brave in Muslims everywhere.

If Jon Stuart had produced this, it would never have had the potent effect as these guys can and have had. Stuart is in the U.S. and he is Jewish-- and this would have automatically discounted the impact. Not that Stuart wouldn't have included any allusion to Israeli political factors in the active ingredients that are stirring radical Islamic ideology--if the cutting wit of these comics cannot use all the truth to atack extremists then they are not credible even to myself---a western non-Muslim.

Brave brave brave.

I do believe that humor that is truthful is the most powerful force we have to infiltrate, warm and strengthen fear frozen minds.

• cantleave
    cantleave

They are really courageous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit