No Heaven For God

by Coded Logic 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Imagine, for a moment, that you are the Christian God. You know everything. You can do anything. And you have been around since before time began. What would that be like?

What would it be like to never be able to learn anything . . . because you already know everything? How would you feel if you had never been challenged in your entire life . . . because nothing is beyond your power? What could you possibly look forward to . . . if you exist outside of time? Imagine never having any friends or any family and being the only one of your kind.

When we consider for a moment these aspects of God we realize that we should not worship such a creature. Rather, we should pity him. Because everything that makes our lives great - learning, effort, reward, surprise, friends, family, etc. - is but an abstraction to God.

It reminds me of an old Twilight Zone episode where a man from the Mafia dies and goes to what he initially thinks is heaven. When he arrives he can buy anything he wants. He can be with any girl he chooses. And, when partaking in his favorite hobby, gambling, he wins every single time. It’s not long before he grows tired, annoyed, and feels unfulfilled in life because he realizes that without challenge and without risk - there can be no reward.

The same must surely be true for the Christian God. And such a God wouldn't be living in heaven. Rather, the poor bastard would be living in a place that can only be describe as hell.

- CL

• Apognophos
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

If such a being existed, i suspect that much of it's behavior would resemble that of a spoiled petulant child. I guess that would explain a fair portion of the OT.

• jgnat
  • Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Thanks for the link Apognophos. And might I add, God(s) damn Isaac Asimov! This isn't the first time he's stolen one of my ideas and written it down before I was born. I really do wish he would stop plagerizing my ideas before I have them!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Yeah, he was a treasure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit