Apostates are more all knowing than GOD?

by Maat13 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Maat13
    Maat13

Well yes of course. If "apostates" can predict what JW.org will do (i.e., doctrinal changes, business practices, etc), but JW.org GB is led by God's holy spirit, then YES. Apostates are more all knowing than God.

random thought of the day...I'm sure it's not original.

Maat

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I'd like to think I'm more all-knowing than someone's imaginary friend.

But yeah, it's pretty rediculous when you consider (as was mentioned in another thread that recently got bumped) that people can be booted out of the cult for having a better knowledge of "truth" than the official doctrine, then official doctrine eventually changes. And no one thinks "why have I been shunning this guy for years, when he was kicked out for essentially being more 'spiritual' than the GB?"

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

Apostates and atheists were always all knowing than the god of the Bible. They discovered that the Bible is not inspired, but believers are still blind.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, it has always amazed me when a brother or sister speaks about an understanding of a scriptural thought, then gets into TROUBLE for it...and are said to be "running ahead of the holy spirit" or being "self willed"

Then, a few years later when the teaching OFFiCIALY changes, that person is still long lost and left out in the cold....even if the teaching is EXACTLY what that person said years before.

See, it's not about the content of the teachings, it is about control over the flock.!

• Maat13
    Maat13

Stuckinarut2,

"running ahead of the Holy Spirit" and "self willed" ....wow...these are good...funny...and sad at the same time

I'm sure there are other terms to describe apostate's all knowing ability...cause if the God of the Bible is all knowing....apostates deserve a whole new term.

Maat

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

If I was "running ahead of the Holy Spirit" all those years ago where I read a scripture for what it actually said, was belittled by an Elder for my view, because it was not current WT teaching, yet my view was adopted a short while later, my question is :

Why can't the Holy Spirit run a helluva lot faster than Phat Phizzy ??

Of course the whole idea of "progressive revelation" and "Light getting brighter" is a nonsense, and if, as they claim, the GB etc are just imperfect men, why should I not have a better grasp on Scripture at any given time than them ?

And if I had grasped the point, what was the reason for jehovah not telling the GB for a couple of years ?????

(How does He tell them anything anyway ?).

• Maat13
    Maat13

Phizzy,

great point.

I started this thread to see if anyone else had the same thoughts as I.

your confirmation is fulfilling

Maat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit