morning-after drug - any members with thoughts?

by berrygerry 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Internally, being a father of many children, and being present for ultrasounds and other testing, etc., I appreciate the value of life.

As I understand it, the after-morning pill essentially terminates a 1 or 2 day old conception.

Are there any thoughts about this?

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

That is one of its effects. According to the Mayo Clinic:

"Plan B One-Step contains the hormone levonorgestrel — a progestin — which can prevent ovulation, block fertilization or keep a fertilized egg from implanting in the uterus."

Edit to add MSDS information:

"Material Name: Levonorgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol Tablets

Statement of Hazard:
    May cause cancer.
    May damage fertility or the unborn child.
    EU Indication of danger:
    Carcinogenic: Category 1
    Toxic to reproduction: Category 1"

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I think it is an appropriate plan B - just in case.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

In the UK no it doesn't...

My still-in wife and me out for 3 years have 3 kids...and twice in the last few months we have had "accidents" which required the morning after pill.

In the UK, at the pharmacy, you have a little interview to make sure you know the score and my wife clarified with them that it doesn't allow fertilisation. The morning after pill in the UK does two things....stops an egg being released and if an egg is already present it won't allow the sperm to fertilise it.

Not sure about other countries or different types of morning after pill but in the UK it is safe for the dubs...

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

A zygote (fertilized egg) does not a pregnancy make. This occurs higher up in the reproductive tract. Until it descends and implants in the uterine wall the woman is not pregnant. A large number of zygotes never implant, anyway and are washed out with the monthly menstrual period.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Proper family planning is important, but there is no problem in my mind about using the morning after pill, it's resposible if the timing is not right for a child. Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit