English to Spanish differences

by StarTrekAngel 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

I was wondering if someone here can guide me a bit. I have been doing some research on WT publications, specifically those that have the key writtings regarding changing doctrine. The problem is that I am native spanish speaker and I attend a spanish congregation. While I understsand, speak and write english fluently, many of the elders and the people I could talk to, do not. When I go to the WT Library CD ROM and look back at 1970's publications, the english and spanish writtings do not match. With this I mean, they talk about completely different subjects. Any ideas? Anyone knows where I can get a copy of the WT CDROM in english? I have asked for it in the congregation but somehow is taking forever.

Thanks

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Do the same as with other languages: Go about four months further on, and you will find it (for example, a July article in the English magazines will be found in November issues of foreign-language editions),

• sir82
    sir82

Translation was accomplished much more slowly in the 1970s. It wasn't nearly as big a priority as it is today. Thus, as TOH indicated, it might take months for an article which appears in English to be translated & printed in another language.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Ok, so in some chases, I guess, chances are that whatever was written about 1975 in English, may have never been published in spanish

• sir82
    sir82

It was probably published, but it would be more difficult to find, because the "most famous" literature dates with the most damning information won't correspond to the dates of the Spanish publications.

If you have a WT-CD, you can search on "1975" and you should find lot of stuff.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

It wasn't until the late 1980's/early 1990's that the magazines started to be in sync. Before then, the Spanish magazines were customarily 2-3 months behind (if I recall correctly). Pull out the bound volume and compare side-by-side....same old crap, just published in a different month. You can thank the lack of capable translators, particularly after the purge.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

WT Library 2013 English : http://kickassunblock.net/watchtower-library-2013-iso-t8724031.html

Open WT Library in BOTH English and Spanish, Click on the ↔ sync button and it will pull up the corrisponding article.

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

Here is the basic formula. It's not 100% accurate because some articles were put onto other dates. But for the most articles it will match up. I was working on an accurate match up, english to Spanish and vice versa and I have some years pretty much complete. Message me if you want me to send you what I have so far.

English to Spanish Watchtowers

January 1-------------1 de Marzo

January 15-----------15 de Junio

February 1------------1 de Julio

February 15----------15 de Julio

March1-----------------1 de Agosto

March 15--------------15 de Agosto

April 1-------------------1 de Septiembre

April 15-----------------15 de Abril (mesclado con el proximo año; mixed with the next year)

May 1-------------------15 de Septiembre

May 15------------------1 de Octubre

June1--------------------15 de Octubre

June 15------------------1 de Noviembre

July 1--------------------15 de Noviembre

July 15-------------------1 de Deciembre

August 1----------------15 de Deciembre

August 15---------------1 de Enero (proximo año/next year)

September 1-----------15 de Enero (proximo año/next year)

September 15---------1 de Febrero (proximo año/next year)

October 1---------------15 de Marzo (proximo año/next year)

October 15-------------1 de April (proximo año/next year)

November 1------------1 de Mayo (proximo año/next year)

November 15----------15 de Mayo (proximo año/next year)

December 1------------1 de Junio

December 15----------15 de Febrero (proximo año/next year)

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

I have PDFs of the 1960's ones in spanish. Found it on the Spanish forumn

and it wasn't until April 1st of 1984 that the Spanish and English finally were synchronized.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Thanks A.proclaimer! I think that is a good general rule of thumb. At least gives me a good range to search. As far as the spanish PDF, I would be interested on that. I'll message you my email address.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit