Why do I keep reading here about a new "10 Hour Pioneer" arrangement?

by RubaDub 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

There seems to be several discussions about a new 10 Hour Pioneer arrangement that was susposedly announced at the 2014 Annual Meeting.

I even called a couple who usually get invited each year and they said that there was nothing like that mentioned. They just mentioned the "new" stuff had to do with the JW TV thing, the language app, the changes regarding Gog of Magog, the talents, the virgins, etc. But absolutely nothing about 10 hour pioneers.

Rub a Dub

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

I too would love some closure on this....Im hearing that this announcement was leaked but won't yet be made public or official until late 2015...others say that they've heard it from "well placed" sources.

It would be good to know if this is true or not.

Peace

Kool Jo

• KateWild
    KateWild

It would be good to know if this is true or not.- Kool Jo

I think it's true, I have seen it bandied about all over the place. It's a control mechanism and breeds competative behaviours that get members doing more. It seems like a cult strategy so it probably is true. Thankfully it's so stupid it will probably wake up many JWs too.

Kate xx

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hope it goes the way the 35/50 requirements for auxiliary/regular pious-sneering did several years ago. They were going to lower the auxiliary pious-sneer requirements to 35 and the regular pious-sneer to 50 (or 55, I don't remember which). But, apostates picked up on it, and the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger pulled it off the table to make the apostates look like liars. Hopefully, the same thing will happen to the "basic pious-sneer", since I can hardly call 4 mornings a month "full time".

Additionally, there are specific definitions of what a real pioneer is. And this has nothing to do with how much of one's time one wastes retracing the same routes. A true pioneer is one that prepares the way for others to follow. I have seen pious-sneers retracing the same 43 territories what seems a million times. How is that preparing the way for others, when others have been there many times before?

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

Who knows what may be coming down the road, but as of now, it's not been made official! I have heard from a number of people that were there, and they all said it was not part of the program!

Dwain

• Island Man
    Island Man

I think it's possible that the 10-hour pioneer rumor was deliberately leaked by the governing body. Maybe they want to run the idea by JWs unofficially to see what the rank and file think about it before deciding if to implement it.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

the whole meeting is online and there's no mention of it.

just shows you can't believe everything you hear anywhere, including this site.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

What Island man said.

• inbetween
    inbetween

got the same info from a seemingly reliable source at the local branch.

10 hours basic pioneer, it sounds soo ridicolous, but the source seems credible, it mentioned other changes, which are true.

Time will tell, but it seems more and more realistic....

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The info that I received from dubs in U S A was that the 10 hour Pioneer thing was an unfounded rumour. They put the blame on "apostate websites" . NB if true it shows that some of their number read these sites too....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit