To laugh or cry, that is the question.

by SEAKEN2001 5 Replies latest jw friends

• SEAKEN2001
    SEAKEN2001

I just finished reading some very interesting stuff from the fingers of Clash and Non. I got up to get some lunch and just broke out in uncontrolled laughter! But then I thought about how dangerous these people can be and wondered if it was all that funny.

I know that most Christians are not a crazy as these two, but the Christian community does have to accept some of the blame for this type of thinking. And Christians are not alone, are they? So many of these religions keep the people in childish ignorance and do not contribute to maturity, preferring instead to control the thoughts of the believers and keep them focussed on the simpler doctrines, like "all unbelievers go to hell", or "infidels must be killed". Sure, it's easy to understand: you're either in the "truth" or your toast. But it's pretty damn irresponsible to continue to tolerate this foolish immature ideolgy. Why don't Christians speak out against this type of doom and gloom rhetoric? Could it be because they really believe it?

So, it's both funny and scary. Funny to realize how pathetic their attempts at conversion are and how foolish their arguments are. But, scary to think they really believe it and may decide they can't wait for God to wipe all the infidels out and take matters into their own hands.

Sean, shaking his head in wonder.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

SEAKEN2001,I haven`t read anything from clash but I have read non`s bullshit.Non is an old troll on this board,I guess he`s been laughed at so many times under his other personas,he continualy comes up with new poster names.He has a few old poster names he occasionaly reserrects.I won`t tell you who he is,that would ruin the "Find the troll game".I will give you a clue.If non quit`s acting like something he`s not(a real dub),maybe his dog will let him spell his old persona user name forwards.(even his dog is imbarrased of him,LOL)...OUTLAW

• Mulan
    Mulan

Hi Sean,
    Good comments. I liked what you said in the original thread too. As you know, it's my sentiments, exactly.

Have you gotten my emails..........are you following the silentlambs stuff? Does your wife know about the Dateline show?

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• Bona Dea
    Bona Dea
    So, it's both funny and scary. Funny to realize how pathetic their attempts at conversion are and how foolish their arguments are. But, scary to think they really believe it and may decide they can't wait for God to wipe all the infidels out and take matters into their own hands.

Great point! Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't this kind of thing that led to what happened with 9-11?

And not very unlike what was going on with Timothy McVeigh. Although, his desire was not fed by religion, the underlying reasoning is there: I'm right and any who don't agree with me are wrong. He wanted the Gov't to make changes. When it didn't happen, he took action.

Bona

"Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them."
    -Walter Kerr

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

It's sad and pitiful. Enjoyed your comments SE2001

Guest 77

• SEAKEN2001
    SEAKEN2001

Mulan,

e-mails? what e-mails? Oh... you mean those e-mails. Yeah, got em. I thought you were just passing on info and not expecting a reply. BTW, the link to the video didn't work. Is that the same video that Randy W. posted a few days ago?

No, my wife and I don't talk on this subject until she gives me the go ahead. The last time I tried it it didn't go too well so I told her we won't be talking about it anymore. I made it clear to her that the WTS is an enemy (the "Society" and all that entails, not the people who are innocent) and that if we ever go to war and she defends them it will be a problem. I am content, for now, to remain fairly silent. I only talk to people who are not connected to the religion. But I've been too busy to remember to inform a few associates that Dateline will be covering a JW related issue. Everybody is on vacation and I'm pulling triple duty. I go away for three day on Tuesday night. I will tape the show. I'll try to find out if my wife knows anything about it yet and offer to watch it with her. I'd also like her to see the video from that social worker who claims the WTS was ignorant about pedophiles 20 years ago. I just keep hoping she will start thinking some day. So far, no evidence of that.

Sean

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit