The "Ice Cream Video" - is it real?

by freddo 38 Replies latest jw friends

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

Sad sad sad! Things like this have been encouraged from the platform many times over the years, but thus is a new low!

Begging is all it can be called!

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Finkelstein, First we put kids on a pedalstal. In the youth organization they are very much encouraged to learn everything from how to run an organization, fund raisers, community service events. For an example by the time my daughter was 15 she was head of the local chapter for 2 years. She could run meetings with a packed room up to 100 in attendance. She traveled throughout the state as a representative and was very well known giving speeches for many causes. All of these efforts has afforded her many scholarship and grants toward a degree in deaf and blind education.

Each one of these girls learn to respect God, their country, the adults who are there to guide them, and a deep compassion for helping those less fortunate then themselves.

I will add we also have a lot of fun doing all of these events. State events when we take over entire hotels are a blast. You see 400 or 500 young ladies dressed up in formals all proud of their accomplishments. You are as proud as you can be an adult of such a wonderful organization -- all the money I spend in gas, helping them out, keeping my Certified Adult Volunteer Certicate up to date is worth it.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Your a very good parent rebelfighter your daughter is quite fortunate.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Finkelstein, I will add with my training as a CAV (Certified Adult Volunteer) and being what the Elder referred to as rather outspoken had I been in a KH in February when that Noah cartoon was played I would not have needed a mic. That was outright emotional abuse!!! I had a child who had Epstein Barre virus when he was in 10th grade. I would so have lost it!!!!!

I really do not think the elders and I would have every gotten along because I would be defending every kids behavior. Kids will be kids. They are not going to sit still and some of those topics NOT NOT NOT FOR CHILDREN'S EARS!!!

MEN DO NOT QUESTION WOMEN ABOUT SEXUAL ABUSE! That is for any elders who are lurking here!!!

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter
    Thank you Finkelstein I try to be to my kids and all the girls in the organization. I fight for all kids.
  • Zoos
    Zoos

The lesson for kids is that they should give ALL their money to the WTS. There was no mention of 10% in that video.

No mention of budgeting, saving, a little here, a little there, a little for donations.

Nope! They show the girl dropping every coin she owns into the coffer as a way of making God happy..

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The sick video presented ONLY two options to a young impressionable child:

1) "selfishly" spend the money on yourself

OR

2) "lovingly and unselfishly" give the money to "Jehovah"

The very premise is misleading! To only present those options FORCES children to think in a biased way!

• jerryjax99
    jerryjax99
    Wow...love how they advertise the WT farms with cows...don't they realize that the only cows there are among the GB?
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    As shown in the edited video in Oogie's post, the GB wants JW kids to pay for the child abuse settlements. Clearly, Watchtower Corp and the governing buffoons are prepared to make victims of EVERY child one way or another. They gotta start the fear, obligation, and guilt early.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit