Lets have some fun, pick out the books in the Bible.

by James Mixon 8 Replies latest jw friends

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

There are 30 books of the Bible in this paragraph. Find them.

This is a most remarkable puzzle. It was found by a gentleman in an airplane seat pocket,

on a flight from Los Angeles to Honolulu, keeping him occupied for hours. He enjoyed it

so much, he passed it on to some friends. One friend from Illinois worked on this while

fishing in his john boat. Another friend studied while playing his banjo. Elaine Taylor, a

columnist friend was so intrigued by it, she mentioned it in her weekly newspaper column.

Another friend judges the job of solving this puzzle so involving, she brews a cup of tea to

help her nerves. There will be some names that are really easy to spot. That's a fact. Some

people, however, will soon find themselves in a jam, especially since the book names are

not necessarily capitalized. Truthfully, from answers we get, we are forced to admit it

usually takes a minister or a scholar to see some of them at the worst. Research has

shown that something in our genes is responsible for the difficulty we have in seeing the

books in this paragraph. During a recent fundraising event which featured this puzzle, the

Alpa Delta Phi lemonade booth set a new record. The local paper, the Chronicle, surveyed

over 200 patrons who reported that this puzzle was one of the most difficult they had ever

seen. As Daniel Humana humbly puts it,"those able to find all of them will hear great

lamentations from those who have to be shown". One revelation that may help is that books

like Timothy and Samuel may occur without their numbers. Also, keep in mind, that punctuation

and spaces are normal.

A chipper attitude will help you compete really well against those who claim to know the answers

Remember, there is no need for a mad exodus, there really are 30 books of the Bible lurking

somewhere in this paragraph waiting to be found.

I will give you one clue "Honolulu, keeping" the book of Luke....

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I may add, If you find all 30 books please show me. The friend

that gave me this puzzle refuse to give me the answers. So

I have no idea, LOL.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    There are 30 books of the Bible in this paragraph. Find them.
    This is a most remarkable puzzle. It was found by a gentleman in an airplane seat pocket,
    on a flight from Los Angeles to Honolulu, keeping him occupied for hours. He enjoyed it
    so much, he passed it on to some friends. One friend from Illinois worked on this while
    fishing in his john boat. Another friend studied while playing his banjo. Elaine Taylor, a
    columnist friend was so intrigued by it, she mentioned it in her weekly newspaper column.
    Another friend judges the job of solving this puzzle so involving, she brews a cup of tea to
    help her nerves. There will be some names that are really easy to spot. That's a fact. Some
    people, however, will soon find themselves in a jam, especially since the book names are
    not necessarily capitalized. Truthfully, from answers we get, we are forced to admit it usually takes a minister or a scholar to see some of them at the worst. Research has
    shown that something in our genes is responsible for the difficulty we have in seeing the
    books in this paragraph. During a recent fundraising event which featured this puzzle, the
    Alpa Delta Phi lemonade booth set a new record. The local paper, the Chronicle, surveyed
    over 200 patrons who reported that this puzzle was one of the most difficult they had ever
    seen. As Daniel Humana humbly puts it,"those able to find all of them will hear great
    lamentations from those who have to be shown". One revelation that may help is that books
    like Timothy and Samuel may occur without their numbers. Also, keep in mind, that punctuation
    and spaces are normal. A chipper attitude will help you compete really well against those who claim to know the answers
    Remember, there is no need for a mad exodus, there really are 30 books of the Bible lurking somewhere in this paragraph waiting to be found.

That's all I could find.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Wow cappytan, I have been looking at this for two days and you got twice

as many as I found and so quickly. You have seen this before, right.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Wow cappytan, I have been looking at this for two days and you got twice
    as many as I found and so quickly. You have seen this before, right.

Nope. I used Control+F to find certain combinations of letters. There was never any rule mentioned about not using the tools at hand. ;)

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Very clever Mr. cappytan, very clever. Something I learn today "Control+F function.
  • leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

not necessarily capitalized. Truthfully, from answers we get, we are forced to admit it

usually takes a minister or a scholar to see some of them at the worst. Research has

and spaces are normal.

A chipper attitude will help you compete really well against those who claim to know the answers

Remember, there is no need for a mad exodus, there really are 30 books of the Bible lurking

somewhere in this paragraph waiting to be found.

• SAHS
    SAHS

Okay, I got the following (not quite necessarily in order of appearance in th OP):

Luke

John

Hebrews

Joel

Philemon

Chronicles

Daniel

Lamentations

Revelation

Timothy

Samuel

Exodus

Kings

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Leaving-quietly#30

That's a good one. That was one of the hard ones to find.

Sahs: Did you look at capptan post, if not very good, but there are

17 more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit