Brave Ex Elder sues over defamation over fraud claims.

by Slidin Fast 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

JWs should meet the same standards for defamation as anyone else. Let the branch defend themselves if they believe they were correct. Good to have the spotlight on the secret star chamber proceedings without any rules of evidence.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Good for him, bringing this disgusting practice to light.

I hope he wins, if not, the WT have brought reproach on God's name again!! Idiots.

Where do the WTBS get the money to fight these court cases??? We all know but do the poor drones???

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

vaguely knew him, but I knew his half or step brother Jason Adu Jampfi very well he used to play football with us , this guy must have moved in after I faded , Laika make no mistake John Morely is a poisonous lying piece of crap, he was instrumental with the other idiot Ted Sallows in arranging the speaker phone converstaion that got me dumped out.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I don't hold out much hope for a win in this case, just my gut feeling.

But what it may do is expose the Shunning practices of the religion for what they are, inhumane, unchristian, and in violation of Human Rights as the plaintiff rightly says.

• Laika
    Laika

Hi Jook, I forgot about John's role in your JC, sorry I defended him. Hope you're well!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

What I think JW.org has to be conscious of is how is this been previewed by the public and most notably the charities commission. You're got the child abuse issue, the issue with the young boy and medical treatment and now this. Trust me if they lost their charity status it would hurt them more than any liable Court case.

• KateWild
    KateWild

For deformation of character case to get into national papers and into court is an achievement. As far as the innocence of fraud is concerned that's a separate matter.

I hope this gets more press.

Kate xx

• Simon
    Simon

I agree with what some have already said: just because someone is 'fighting the WTS' over something doesn't make them right.

We have pushed for a long time for the WTS to evict people who deserve to be evicted and to do a better job of protecting their members and been critical when they do not act. Sometimes people should be kicked out and being kicked out of an organization that has issues doesn't make them right about their complaint. I don't buy into "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

The court will decide in this case who is telling porky pies and who isn't - if he's in the right then good luck to him and I hope he succeeds. If he's in the wrong then I won't be disappointed if the WTS win that one.

• nykid
    nykid

You can't be forced to associate with someone who you don't want to associate with. Sucks for this guy but his "right" to a family life claim is ridiculous and can lead to other frivolous lawsuits by disaffected family members suing other family members who don't want to associate with them for whatver reason.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

If someone can make headway into the fact that DFing is a "hate crime" or anything near that, it will be a momentous victory against the WTS.

The WTS only makes adjustments in their policies when they have money at risk.

Follow the money.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit