UK novelist Ian McEwan: the law versus religious belief

by wizzstick 3 Replies latest jw friends

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Interesting (and well written article) on the UK Children Act and religious belief.

Contains some thoughtful comments by McEwan:

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/sep/05/ian-mcewan-law-versus-religious-belief?CMP=twt_gu

• stillin
    stillin

Great article! I love mcEwen's writing.

Thanks for posting that, wizz

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I like the way Ian McEwan gets to the heart of the problem with the JWorg Blood doctrine, he was quoted the scripture about eating blood, and he said "no use argueing about the verb."

I wish he had argued, and undelined the point, as that is where their Blood doctrine/policy falls apart completely.

Every Scripture they use is talking only about eating blood, which a Tranfusion simply is not, give a starving man as many transfusions as you like, and no food, and he will still die.

Which is why the Jews have no problem with Transfusions, it is their Law that is being used, they understand it, and they know that Transfusions do not transgress their Law.

Jehovahs's Witness leaders have blood on their hands for their stupid insistance that blood should not be used to save life, which is what every Scripture shows is the only approved use.

• L3G
    L3G

Thanks for the post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit