Egoism, nationalism and shunning are all one

by Pinku 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pinku
    Pinku

Bible contrasts egoism with spirituality. (Galatians 5:25, 26) Another famous scripture calls it as “mental disease” as egoist acts against the known facts and an ocean of experience. When one makes entry into this world, he depends on others, does so even more during his infancy, childhood, and adolescence. Then he thrives on the service of the society during adulthood, and falls into dependency during his old-age, and departs from this world leaving behind everything he thought he owned. Yet during the time he lived on this earth, he was ruled by the thought: “I am somebody & more important than others, I accomplished this and that and I am the owner of this and that, others are there for being used for my goal, I won’t tolerate anyone disagreeing with me, hence will have to shun him ….….” And this sort of collective thinking is fondly called nationalism [the fuel that runs the ALMIGHTY arms industry] which Albert Einstein called “an infantile disease and the measles of mankind.” Thus sense has become non-sense, and non-sense has become sense!

What is the solution?

NO SOLUTION, and God too will not intervene! World will end with a world war and civil wars. Till then if any individual wants to enjoy his life, he can. The more selfless one becomes the happier he will be--the validity of which could be found out by anybody who is willing to experiment it!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

This sounds a bit of the different stages of life in Hinduism. The final stage means giving away everything you own and begging.

• Pinku
    Pinku

Band on the Run

This is what makes life interesting! What I said reminded you of Hinduism, and what you said reminds me of Christianity:

“Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.” (Mathew 16:24)

“Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” (Mark 10:21)

• jgnat
    jgnat

http://www.jean-vanier.org/en/his_message/jean_vanier_on_becoming_human

Even godless, I think society as a whole is heading for peace. Conflict is expensive, and we can't afford it any more.

• Pinku
    Pinku

jgnat

I read that link. Very insightful! and full of practical wisdom!

Thanks for that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit