What is this new jw.org religion?

by EndofMysteries 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I recently was on a trip in Central America. Any kingdomhall I passed by had jw.org banners or scribble that went over what used to say kingdomhall. In a flea market, and other business areas, I saw the infamous literature cart out.

Then on youtube one can find videos of concerts and entire congregations breaking down to the song, "I'm happy" inside these jw.org buildings like a crazy penecostal church.

What happened to the Kingdomhall/Watchtower religion of 4 years ago where even playing music at one's own wedding reception was discouraged because kingdom melodies would be more appropriate and where the only time you'd encounter that religions adherants was when they would be pounding on your door on a Saturday morning?

• PrincessCynic
    PrincessCynic

You're right, I've only been out 5 minutes and it already looks almost unrecognisable to me. From the outside, that is.

I bet if I were to go back again it would feel like the same old treadmill. The same four walls in the windowless KH, the same boring public talks and wt articles. The same guilt tripping, the same time slips. The same judgemental, self-righteous drones.

i have to say though, I've never known as much hysteria (on social media anyway as that's the only place I see JWs these days).

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Yea. It's 2014, 100 years of failures and failed prophecies and lies and flip flops, so the GB needs to do these outrageous displays to keep them occupied and not thinking.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It now looks much better from the outside, like a glitter-paint sprayed Turd.

• cantleave
  • Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

The inside of the religion is still the same ol same ol. They are trying to polish it up to appear different but on the inside nothing much has changed. it's still the same nasty cult that it was 10 years ago. The harmful blood and shunning policies are still rock solid among the R&F

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

LOL, probably in 2015 everything will go back to the way it was, and everyone who sung or danced in the KH will be labelled 'worldly' and will be reproved. This is all just more BS to cover 100 years of complete BS failure.

• millie210
    millie210

For some reason I am amazed to hear that the JW.Org fever is all the way in S. America too.

I guess I thought it was mostly an American "trend".

• awakenyr2004
    awakenyr2004

It's definitely worlwide this JW.org craze. My family is posting all these instagram pics from around the world.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Their trying to re-invent themselves to the modern age , not that their the first cab off the rank .

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit