New way of preacing?

by dogon 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dogon
    dogon
    I have noticed that in Florida at least I see at every flea market and or town square JWs sitting drinking coffee with a table and a couple of sandwich signs with watchtowers and awakes doing nothing more than playing on their phones and or talking to each other. I have not yet seen anyone going up to them and engaging them but I bet they are counting time. What a cheat. Instead of going from door to door wasting gas and bleeding knuckles they sit and play and count time. LOL Lazy bastards.
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Yup - it's easy ministry and a great way to build up LOADS of hours for that all important headline of total hours preached.
  • paulmolark
    paulmolark

I live in Wesley chapel not far from Tampa and you are correct. The local parks on Saturday they do exactly what you mentioned. The flea market in thonotosassa they set up a table as well as usf.

They are a lazy bunch these days

• oppostate
    oppostate
    Hey, if given the choice back when I too would have opted to sit at a display table in a flea market and drank coffee instead of knocking on empty houses or waking up people who work at night or were sick from work that day--heck yeah. lazy or not. :-)
  • nelim
    nelim
    I agree with oppostate. Lazy? I think it's smart! Almost jealous.... almost ;-)
  • gingerbread
    gingerbread

This new approach puts the publisher in full public view in their community. No longer can you just ride around in a car or fake knock on a door.

This method also has the potential to feed a persecution complex.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter
    I just came back from Europe, and cart witnessing seems quite popular. I have yet to see one in the States, but saw several while on my trip. The interesting thing was, the people manning the carts never spoke to anyone that I could see...in one case, there were two carts together, and the JW's spent their time talking to each other. Very odd...
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Like I keep saying, with virtually every new thing they do, they're making it easier and easier for hard-core loyalists to serve and stay, whilst alienating more and more fence-sitters and soft-core JWs.

It's pretty damned effective.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit