The Pope countermands Jesus Own Command to preach

by fulltimestudent 6 Replies latest jw friends

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Most XJWs likely have Matthew 28:19,20 burned into their brains, if indeed they ahve brains left after years of boring meetings.

But, in case you have forgotten the text, it says:

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Happiness, according to the WTS would be yours if you loving prreached the message to endless shuit doors and minds.

But, according to the Pope:

Pope Francis issues 10 tips for a happier life

"Don't proselytise; respect others' beliefs."

Reference: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/pope-francis-issues-top-10-tips-for-happiness--including-dont-try-to-convert-other-people-9639488.html

See his 9th commandment.

Well, I think the Pope wins, dont you?

• rebel8
  • opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

The Watchtower says that those who reject the Society's proclamation will be destroyed if they don't repent before Armaggedon.

"Until the great tribulation begins, people still have time to change their thinking"

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2013530

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Don't proselytise; respect others' beliefs. “We can inspire others through witness so that one grows together in communicating. But the worst thing of all is religious proselytism, which paralyses: 'I am talking with you in order to persuade you,' No. Each person dialogues, starting with his and her own identity. The church grows by attraction, not proselytising,” the Pope said.

His namesake said it this way: "Preach the Gospel at all times, and when necessary use words."

As St. Paul wrote, "If I speak in human and angelic tongues but do not have love, I am a resounding gong or a clashing cymbal. And if I have the gift of prophecy and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing."

Effective evangelization begins with the example of your life, not with the words you speak, and especially not by talking at somebody instead of with them. There is a difference between preaching the Gospel and giving a hard sell presentation; that is the point Pope Francis is making, and that is why the Watchtower's approach produces more enemies than it does converts.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Gotta love Pope Francis. I agree it is one's lifestyle that will attract others. I've always been attracted to the Church's charitable side. We didn't have those opportunities as JDubs.

StAnn

• smiddy
    smiddy

" There is a difference between preaching the Gospel and giving a hard sell presentation;"

I agree entirely ,

"and that is why the Watchtower's approach produces more enemies than it does converts."

Plus the fact that they are a mult-million dollar publishing agency / enhanced by real estate deals reaping in millions of $$$ assisted by volunteers , Jehovahs Witnesses , who are not recognised as representatives of the WTB&TS , now known as JW.ORG , who gullibly promote this cult.

smiddy

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

If you live a Christian life and if you love others, it will not be hidden. That is the best type of witness given. As one hymn puts it: "They will know we are Christians by our love, by our love. Yes, they will know we are Christians by our love." Contrived and memorized presentations and hitting people over the head with a Bible, rather than spontaneous sharing can often drive people away from Jesus. This is what Jesus states to his disciples: "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put in on its stand, and it gives light to eeryone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your GOOD DEEDS and praise your Father in heaven." The best sermon, the best preaching is your Christian life.

Matt. 5:14-16

If you "walk the walk", you will also have opportunities to "talk the talk."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit