Video - Brooklyn Eagle Bethel Tour

by wizzstick 5 Replies latest jw friends

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Awful presenter, but worth watching if only for the JW.Org badge on the JW PR guy. Note his tie is the same colour... :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EoB8CirBAw

People saved for years for this? How very, very sad.

• factfinder
    factfinder

thanks wizzstick.

The reporter mistakenly states 25/30 Ch was once a printing plant.

The 117 Adams st complex was the printing plant.

25/30 CH was originally a Squibb pharmacutical plant!

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

that looks like a Big-Ass fan in the lobby. I wonder if they painted over the name?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

JW from Guatamala: "it's nice to know the history of our organization".

Laughably, I bet he doesn't know a damn thing about WT history, except for the trivia he learned on his Bethel tour.

Mention 1799, 1874 or Beth Sarim and he will give you a deer-in-the-headlights stare.

• blondie
    blondie

She is reading off a fact sheet from the WTS or did not do her homework.

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

I was there just last week. The tour is very short, but they added an exhibit featuring their cleanly-cut washed history and a short bible exhibit that shows the name Jehovah in the bible, even including it in the new testament. I asked the tour guide if any reason was given for leaving brooklyn. He said that no official reason has been given, except the Governing Body has hinted things here and there like corruption of the city, homosexuality, and saying it would be better for the evangelising work (not sure how exactly but I didn't question further). He also said that selling the properties would bring in money but that it wasn't the reason why they are moving. The tour guide was a new guy so I don't expect him to know too much but that's all I can inform.

All other buildings will be sold off, and that one featured in the video will be last to go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit