International Convention in Arlington, Texas

by Rufus T. Firefly 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Rufus T. Firefly
    Rufus T. Firefly

This year there were only two conventions in Texas. An International Convention at AT&T (Cowboy) Stadium in Arlington, and a Regional Convention in Houston. Projections for the Arlington convention ranged from 60-85K, with attendees coming from OK, AR and LA, no to mention the international delegates; however, the peak attendance on Sunday was 50,000.

• Listener
    Listener

Thanks for reporting, it is interesting that they didn't reach their anticipated numbers. Was there a lot of begging for more donations?

• steve2
    steve2

I think the organization may be rocked by the less than expected attendances overall. I'd be interested to know numbers baptized.

• Ocean1111
    Ocean1111

I saw the pics on Facebook. Like the Atlanta Visitor's Center JW org commercial, JWs seem now but a logo in the corporate international pantheon of logos and networking all working hand in hand. Bethel is just a commercial now, JWs hand out the ads worldwide. No wonder the UN approved of their UN NGO advertising ability, surprised they claim to have been "dissasociated" by the UN, in fact JWs now also push CNN, Coca-Cola, WM, BP and any other "lover" that fancies by.

JWs are an advertising agency for the "New World" ordering. Free advertising. In fact advertising that pays it's own way for the advertiser. JWs now "advertise, advertise, advertise" the UN and his Kingdom cronies. What next? Miley Cyrus does a Watchtower tunes cover of "Do Whom Do You Belong???" at Atlanta "intermission"?

It seems JWs are "wet clay" in the hands of strangers, easily warped as long as it was very gradual. Like boiling a JW frog...

• factfinder
    factfinder

steve2

- at the Rutherford , NJ Convention it was mentioned that baptisms that = .5% of the attendence is good. But I remember when they said 1 % was good-does anyone remember that?

447 were baptized at Metlife , about .78% of Saturday's attendence.

I think if I heard it right, the total baptized at the conventions up to June 15 was 140,257.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

In Arlington, 480 something were baptized. I never could understand how people could watch a Baptism with such interest! I was in Memphis back in 73 when almost 3,000 were baptized, thst finished up around 6pm! And I am sure many went to the three motels pools to watch, and stayed till it was over!

Dwain

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit