All that Money

by Crazyguy 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Its amazing that they preach that the world is about to come to an end so soon but they won't spend a dime of their own money to get the message out.

I mean think about it, a couple years back a California preacher with less than 100k followers and about 100 millions dollars was able to get his message out that the world was coming to an end in 2012 and people heard about his message globally. The ORG on the other hand sold over a billion dollars worth of real estate and hasn't spent a dime to get its message out. And when you really think about it, did they ever? All the halls were built with the local brothers contributions same can be said of circuit assembly and branch sites. If any money ever came from the ORG it was a loan that had to be paid back. All assemblies they know they are going to make money not cost them money so all in all the ORG has done nothing but collect the cash...

• cantleave
    cantleave

I wonder if the Adams brothers have a nice little nest egg?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

a couple years back a California preacher with less than 100k followers and about 100 millions dollars was able to get his message out that the world was coming to an end in 2012

The difference between him and WT is, he actually believed the message he was preaching....

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Printing money and making videos costs money

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

The difference between him and WT is, he actually believed the message he was preaching

I think this is the key, because if they really believed the end was about to come and that they needed to warn people, they would logically invest in doing a better job of reaching people.

Sending people in pairs to slowly go around knocking on a few doors with a tired an innefective sales pitch is an embarassment to anybody claiming they are warning people that destruction is imminent.

The issue is that they don't believe it enough to put their money where their mouth is, and make a financial plan to exhaust their financial resources in X amount of years by spending it in radio, TV social networks and other effective means of communication. It would be a big gamble - to spend all of their money in warning people. A gamble they would clearly lose.

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley

"The issue is that they don't believe it enough to put their money where their mouth is, and make a financial plan to exhaust their financial resources in X amount of years by spending it in radio, TV social networks and other effective means of communication."

spot on!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Sending people in pairs to slowly go around knocking on a few doors with a tired an innefective sales pitch is an embarassment to anybody claiming they are warning people that destruction is imminent.

But perhaps many will see their tracts sitting on the table while they drink their coffee at Starbucks.

While JWs have always counted FS time like this, it is surely more acceptable now because there is no difference in this than standing behind a "trolley" full of literature. More will be pioneering as soon as it is acceptable to leave a tract on top of the bar when you have a few pints of beer.

Doc

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

"More will be pioneering as soon as it is acceptable to leave a tract on top of the bar when you have a few pints of beer."

I believe the development of a new "coaster tract" is in full swing.

• Raton
    Raton

I assume there isn't, but is there any proof that the org doesn't financially help local halls and about how much they made selling real estate? I completely believe you, but if there is something more solid, it may come in useful in the future. I will also search on this stuff myself. You made a good point, thanks.

• Focus
    Focus

The sole purpose of the Watchtower is obtaining Power and Wealth.

Don't deceive oneself by believing it comprises only victims and victims-of-victims.

There are plenty of wolves concealed within it.

Some were not that concealed, either!

Every single President, including the pedophile founder, has been a monumentally depraved and evil man.

And the rot moves downwards...

"All religions are such that if they are pushed to their logical
    conclusions, or if their founding literatures and early traditions are
    accepted literally, they will take the form of their respective
    fundamentalisms. JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES and the TALIBAN are not aberrations,
    but unadulterated and unconstrained expressions of their respective faiths,
    as practised by people who are not interested in refined temporisings or
    theological niceties, but who literally accept the world-view of the
    writings they regard as sacred, and insist on the morality and way of life
    prescribed by them."

- Dr A. C. Grayling, Professor of Philosophy, Birkbeck College, University
    of London; an eminent speaker and writer on the subject of human rights
    (e.g. to the British Institute of Human Rights).

--

Focus

("Destroy the Tower!" Class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit