What is the shunning policy these days?

by badcompany 5 Replies latest jw friends

• badcompany
    badcompany

I've been out for 20+ years so I'm a little out date. I've been df'd, reinstated and finally disassociated. My parents and siblings are still in. I only go to KH's for funerals. I am greeted at the KH with smiles, handshakes and occasional hugs. My family treats me like I'm family, publicly. I've seen several threads (that I didn't want to hijiack) that looked like shunning is quite more severe. Is this regional or just another organizational change?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The shunning policy as I know it is-

"We shall shun them in the KH

We shall shun them in the street.

We shall shun them in the shopping malls.

We shall shun them at school.

We shall shun them in the trenches."

We shall shun those apostate or suspected apostate bastards every opportunity we get."

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

If you never voice any criticism of the Governing Body, or the doctrines

they teach, like their claim to be the "sole channnel" God speaks through

or question that the "organization" is God's "visible organization"

then you can slip around and simply be a nice harmless guy who they

think will one day start attending meetings again.

But if you start conversations with; "So what about this secret Elders

Handbook that instructs Elders not to report pedophiles? That can't be right."

Or if you say something like; "So these eight guys in New York city,

that call themselves the governing body? And keep making predictions

that do not come true ? They must be False Prophets, right ? "

These comments will result in your JW "friends" spitting in your eye.

Their heads will spin and their eyes will go all twirly. You could also

evoke this effect by sending them Christmas Cards, or going to the Memorial

and drinking the wine and eating the bread and shouting, Praise the Lord.

But if you can maintain the zippity do dah then you will be fine.

• orangefatcat1951
    orangefatcat1951

FOR THE MOST PART, YOU CAN FORGET ABOUT BEING SPOKEN TO BY ANYBODY INCLUDING YOUR FAMILY.

Frankly it is their loss. What peeves me more than anything else is that if you committ a sin, and you aren't saying sorry you're out but if you say sorry its okay.

I want to know just who makes them judge jury and executioner? When we committ a sin it is between us and God and we ask for God's forgiveness, why the heck can't the Governing Body get that through their thick skulls, no they would rather see you suffer and have families torn apart, because you won't meet with the elders and give all the juicy detail. Well its none of their buisness its between you and God. Don't these morons get it. Saying sorry to God is more important then saying sorry to the elders. Elders and the Governing body can and can not grant to you live everlasting or gehenna. Thats up to God, I don't believe in living on the earth forever anyway I am an Anglican and I believe Iam going to heaven. So it matters not to me. But hey they cover up so much crap its disgusting.

Anyways God sees their hypocrisy.

orangefatcat

• factfinder
    factfinder

I am not Disfellowshipped or dissasociated. I just stopped going to any meetings in 2005 and gave my last fs report in 2006.

I never mentioned to anyone I disagreed with any teachings.

Still, in the nearly 9 years I have been gone, nobody from my congregation has called me or come by to see how I am.

My jw brother stopped ansering my letters years ago and does not return my phone calls because I refuse to go back to meetings.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Well, I do know one df'd female in her 40's, she got df'd about 20 years ago, I am surprised to see so many witnesses including her JW family on her facebook friends list. She evens comments on their profiles many times. Obviously, they think it is okay.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit