'Kiss me and I'll give you booze': Jehovah's Witness 'bribed' schoolgirl, hears court

by SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker 1 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker
    SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker

"

Prosecutor Sarah Waters asked what Sewell had used to "bribe" her.

Giving evidence live in court the woman, in her 30s, replied: "Generally it was alcohol. I remember he gave me a drink of vodka and orange to try and because I liked it he knew it was something I wasn't allowed to have as I was only young.

"He would say 'Give us a kiss.' If I didn't kiss him on the lips and with my tongue he would say 'No, give me a proper kiss'.

"Then I knew it meant he wanted me to kiss him with my tongue.

"After I would give him a kiss using my tongue, basically, he would let me have a drink [of vodka and orange]."

Wearing a checked dress and refusing to look towards the defendant as she gave her evidence, the woman added that she did not recall Sewell offering her anything else in exchange for a kiss.

The court yesterday heard how respected Jehovah's Witness Sewell used his "position of power" as an elder in the Barry congregation to "exploit and abuse" women and children for more than 10 years.

Ms Waters told the jury of eight women and four men in her opening address: "He is a sexual predator that took opportunities available to him to satisfy his sexual desires."

Between 1985 and 1995 Sewell is alleged to have abused two young girls and also raped a woman, all of whom were fellow Jehovah's Witnesses.

He is also accused of indecently assaulting another woman by rubbing his groin against her as she made a cup of tea."

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/kiss-ill-give-you-booze-7251197

• dozy
    dozy

Not another case. How many of these guys are around in "the truth"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit