Without Fail...

by mrhhome 3 Replies latest jw friends

• mrhhome
    mrhhome

On a non-JW related note... my wife put up a bee hive on the back part of our property two weeks ago. Her and my daughter are very proud of it.

There is an old dead tree that needed to come down. I meant to do it before she got the bees, but circumstance was that I didn't. Unfortunately, the tree was old and twisted. Not sure how it would fall when it came down. I did my best to drop it in a safe direction, but without fail, it fell directly for the bee hive.

As my wife tells the story, she was inside the house. She heard a crack of wood, an "Oh Crap!", and a thump. She came out to check if her bee hive was still there.

The tree fell about two feet short of the bee hive on a direct line for it. As we inspected it all, we had a good laugh, and she made me a mojito. Life is good.

• finally awake
    finally awake

Glad the bees are safe! Dropping a tree can be scary - Just Ron dropped one right where I had been sitting in the truck just a few minuted prior - I had a bad feeling and decided to move the truck just in case, so the only thing that got smashed was the empty dog house and kennel.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Glad it worked out. Growing up my uncle kept bees, I think it was really cool, and I probably would now if it wasn't in a neighborhood.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Nice story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit