funny comment about the invitation campaign....

by Lied2NoMore 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

Was out with JW friends at a bar overconsuming and the special invitation campaign topic came up.....the following comment was said...

"Sure like someone will want to drive 5 hours to the convention just to sit and listen to an hour public talk then drive 5 hours back home.....There is no point to inviting people to something that they would never attend"

....I think there may be some hope for my friend....

Yes its a 5 hour drive from where I live to the convention site....im being begged to go even if I just sit in the hotel room...fun for me!

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

When I still was in the cult I heard the same exact statement from an asleep female publisher... She said:

"Why would someone drive four hours for one talk where they don't even know anyone that's going to be there?"

LOL

Great asleep JW minds work alike...

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I think there may be some hope for my friend

I think there's hope, for a few reasons:

1. "Was out with JW friends at a bar" (JW friends at a bar is almost an oxymoron)

2. "overconsuming"

3. making critical statements about the Org's campaign

If JWs are honest, even they don't want to be at the convention.

• Enlightenment123
    Enlightenment123

This year, the closest one to me is six hours away. Only a handful of people from the congs around here are even bothering to go. Maybe there's hope for them yet.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.........What sort of Idiot would spend Hours and Gas Money..

..................To drive all the way up Into the Mountains..

........To Give Me A Cheaply Printed Invitation,I don Want??!!..

...................................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• stillin
    stillin

I made that comment among some JW friends and one couple said that they had invited somebody who actually made the drive and was seated near them at the convention!

it was a miracle! And an awfully smug answer. I have to wonder what the rest of the story is. So, are these "interested ones" now pioneers or is that it? What kind of person would do that???

Probably heard that it was free. Boy are they in for a surprise if they are attending meetings.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I made that comment among some JW friends and one couple said that they had invited somebody who actually made the drive and was seated near them at the convention!

To visitor: "Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit