The Bible-TV Mini-Seriers

by MaybeSo 1 Replies latest social entertainment

• MaybeSo
    MaybeSo

I usually like to watch Netflix on my lunch hour. I had nothing interesting to watch in the last few days so I decided to give this show a try. It's interesting but there are a few things missing from the Bible and there area additional scenes and dialogue. I guess it's still a show after all and accuracy takes the back seat sometimes.

Have you watched it? What do you think?

To me, it's just another form of entertainment but at the same time it's nice to look at a different point of view. Some stuff is kind of an eye opener, like how Abraham was supposed to kill his own son and how all the first born kids of the Egyptians had to be killed to prove a point.

Anyways, I'd be interested to read your point of view.

Thanks!

• FFtruther144
    FFtruther144

I recently watched it. I liked it okay. Squeezing all of that into 10 hours left alot on the editing floor I'm afraid.

I am encouraged though that so many people watched it and were at least interested in the subject.

It got good ratings.

My wife stopped watching with me at the start of the episode where Jesus is crucified.

She kept arguing about the "Truth" of each episode and pausing to grab her iPad and lookup scripture at JW.org.

I think the show was not King James, but more like NIV.

The latest New World Order Translation is really bad. There are over 700 heavily edited/deleted/modified scriptures.

If you have been a lifelong JW, The Bible will seem "un-biblical" because it actually is biblical.

Hope that makes sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit