Rights vs. Beliefs vs. Compliance vs. Blackmail

by cha ching 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cha ching
    cha ching

Rights vs Beliefs vs Compliance vs Blackmail

I did not want this subject to get lost amongst the many valuable threads because of it’s Finnish title… Please read the comments on this post, as it moved me to boil it down to how it really strikes me…

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/279592/1/BREAKING-NEWS-Finland-attacks-judicial-committees#.U2pFZSxOU1o

PLEASE THINK ABOUT THESE QUESTIONS.

If I grew up in the ‘Mafia,’ was a “ born in, ” and had no idea what ‘the family business’ was all about….

Believing it was an honest business… & I participated, what would happen if, at a more ‘mature’ age, discovered what was going on behind the scenes… pedophilia, money laundering, blackmailing…… ????

and THEN was actually “ compelled ” to either ‘support the family business’ …‘make a hit’ …either you do it, or else your family will “miss you” …wink, wink.

Now, let’s say I was ALSO a person in a public position , who would be able to influence people’s decisions regarding the validity and success of this ‘family business’ I had grown up in. (Lawyer? Congressman? School teacher? CEO of a Charity?) (an elder? Pioneer? C.O.?) Would I be ‘free’ to express my findings without harm to myself or my family?

Upon hearing that I might not “comply,” to ‘the family’s orders,' strange and scary things start to occur. Imagine three people, from out of the area, appearing in your nice, happy, sweet little “family business” (All with guns, hats, over coats and the power / authority to use ‘whatever means necessary’ to straighten out the ‘situation’.) Your father (‘mother’) has sent them… (“ “Extreme problems often require extreme solutions.” )

You’ve loved your parents, have been raised to believe in ‘loyalty’ to the family (organization) and now the ‘family’ (org) is ready to ‘delete’ you.

Now, if we need any help visualizing, let’s put it in context:

You have just discovered the way the WT deals with pedophilia.

Perhaps, like Manuela Dorman, you just found out that your child has been molested, and you are threatened with blackmail if you go to the police… “We will tell everyone about what happened years ago if you testify or go to the police about this.” Is your “family,” this loving brotherhood/sisterhood really saying this to you?

OR.....

You have testified in a trial “in opposition to the WT”, and now that the case has ended, three new elders with the power to ‘kill’/end your life as you know it, delete your very existence, sweep you under the carpet, take away your good name, infer whatever they want to, have been appointed to your congregation! Your “mother” wants to keep her name “without reproach.” ( “Our principles are highest; honor, solidarity and vengeance. We know there’s no justice for us, except we earn it. We earn respect.”)

They go about “their business” according to the book, feeling no twinge of conscience; they just ‘point and shoot.’ (“ Make a wish...it'll be your last")

Is their a difference when a ‘religion’ ‘deletes’/ ‘disfellowships’ people, to cover up their wrongdoing, or is a crime just crime?

• cha ching
    cha ching

Famous quotes…..

"Once I thought I was out...they pulled me back in"

"Keep your friends close...but your enemies closer"

" Leave the gun, take the cannolis"

" I'll make him an offer he can't refuse"

“ Make a wish...it'll be your last"

“The best way to enter our business is to be born into it.”

“All problems resolves themselves; given time.”

“Extreme problems often require extreme solutions.”

“Friends are not as important as family. Do not confuse the loyalty of friendship with the bond of blood.”

“A man without enemies is a man without qualities. Even Jesus Christ had many enemies.”

“If you can’t win by fighting fair, fight foul. Or have a third party do your fighting.”

“God will provide, but you must provide till he does.”

“A thousand enemies is not enough; a single enemy is. There is nothing as a ‘ harmless ’ enemy.”

• GonzoX
    GonzoX

“All problems resolves themselves; given time.”

Sound similar to, "Wait on Jehovah"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit