Netherlands Union Conference support gay members in defiance of world church

by barry 4 Replies latest jw friends

• barry
    barry

I'm not gay but I do support gay people against hard line christians that forget the principles our Lord demonstrated when he lived among us. Jesus had compassion for the outcasts women and tax collectors outside of society of that day. I find it hard to accept gay people haveing relationships and sexual relations but I find it even more devient of me not to show christian love and acceptance of these people.

I am encouraged by the response of the Netherlands Union conference of SDAs and as you know the SDAs are like a sister church to the JW religion and is just as conservative.

The world SDA church has adopted guidlines for the response to alternative sexual practices. On the 4th April 2014 that would deny practicing gay people from church membership. The general conference president Ted Wilson has said the recommendations are only guidlines not policy. That being said guidlines become policy and then become law.

In responce to this situation the Netherlands Union Conference has advised all churches in its union to fully commit themselves to ensuring that LGBTI individuals feel safe in the church. I addition NUC leadership says it would strongly advise against any steps to revoke the membership of LGBTI people given the unsafe environement this would create in churches .

spectrummagazine.org/blog/2014/04/24/church-netherlands-commits-itself-being-safe-place-lgbti-individuals

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I agree. Not to show love is un-Christian and judgemental. A bit like the Jdubs!!!

• barry
    barry

Gday Quelly, Congratulations on your baptism and with it your vow to follow the Lord Jesus. Easter in the early church was a favorite time to be baptised

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

More and more people are figuring out that gays and lesbians - as a whole - aren't the frothing, demented freaks the Christian Right has portrayed them as.

Ironic, actually; the more the Christian Right hollered as gays came out of the closet, the more like frothing, demented freaks they themselves looked like.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Thanks Bazza.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit