Audio Instructions

by BigRed02RR 5 Replies latest jw friends

• BigRed02RR
    BigRed02RR

I am looking for any instructions, preferably written by the Society, on recording meetings and optionally converting to a CD.

I made a similar request a few years ago, but the discussion immeditaly went off the topic, and I never received a response.

Does anyone have a copy of those instructions available?

Does anyone know what program they use to edit the files?

Thank you.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

All I know is that we are not supposed to record the prayers for some reason!!

(aren't there prayers in the bible?)

• doneandout
    doneandout

At the being of the conventions the speaker, after greeting everyone, will say something like: recordings should be for personal use only, while it may be shared with someone, it should not be given out for the general population.

And at a JC they will promptly as you: are you in any way recording this? If you say yes, turn it off or meeting over.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Ha!

didnt stop me recording stuff when quizzed in an elders meeting!

i simply said, "we'll there are two of you, and one of me, so I need to be sure that I am not misunderstood at a later time. Plus it will keep me in check and stop me from speaking too rudely"

• BigRed02RR
    BigRed02RR

I am looking for technical instruction about HOW to record, not what parts of the meeting to record.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

stuckinarut2 said that we are not to record the prayers. You are allowed to record them. The official CD that is created during the meetings has the prayers. Also, the Watctower, 1978, pg 32, Question from Readers, says:

● Is it improper to make tape recordings of public prayers?

Some Christians personally choose not to do so. But the Bible does not speak against making a record, written or otherwise, of the words of a prayer.—2 Chron. 33:18.

A person may make a tape recording of a Christian meeting so he can review it later or share it with others who could not attend. In making such recordings, some Christians begin recording after the opening prayer and stop recording before the concluding prayer.

They may reason that, basically, prayer is not a means of formally instructing others. Prayer, rather, is considered a personal expression to God, though others present may listen and concur by saying “Amen.” Furthermore, a person making a recording of the meeting knows that if the prayer were on the tape he would not later listen to it and say “Amen,” as if the recording were a prayer wheel that ‘sent up’ a prayer each time it was played.

It is of interest, though, that many prayers are written down in the Bible. (Gen. 24:10-14; Matt. 26:36-39; John 11:41, 42; 17:1-26; Acts 4:23-30) In reading these prayers we do not look on them as requiring our “Amen.”—Rom. 8:26, 27.

Of course, these prayers are part of the Bible; they are there because God wanted them to be included. (2 Tim. 3:16) And some persons may respond differently to a tape-recorded prayer from the way they do to a prayer in the Bible. Consequently, as long as no request has been made not to make a recording, the individual Christian may determine for himself whether he will include the prayers if he records a Christian meeting. There is nothing Scripturally wrong with this.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

... some Christians begin recording after the opening prayer and stop recording before the concluding prayer.

Translation: DO NOT RECORD PRAYERS.

"Listen, Obey and Be Blessed!"

You really gotta' love the passive-agressive way the WTBTS tells people what to do while appearing to do the opposite.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit