To be & not to believe.

by TheHighPriest 0 Replies latest jw friends

• TheHighPriest
    TheHighPriest

Hi,
    First of all a little note on this post. If you have read this before it is because I have posted this on H2O. If it seems to you that I am promting atheism I'd just like to say i'm not I am promoting humanity because that is something I know for sure exist. I have a God too she is called nature and you all know her.
    Man is a scared creature! A child is born with questions, a thousand questions. The trees do not ask questions. The plants do not ask questions. Only man asks questions because he does not know or is fearful. This fearful status creates a longing in man for the childhood years where there were others to provide care and protection. This longing has always been and has developed into a longing for GOD; a father figure. The reality for me is that there is no God as presented in the bible. God is a projection of the child as an adult longing for someone powerful to protect and care for him. God has been projected for thousands of years and gains some credibility for that reason alone. Believing in God does not make it true any more than the belief in the tooth fairy or Santa Claus. God does not protect anyone, does not provide anything from above to anyone below, and does not love anyone in any understanding of the term. These are all needs that are fulfilled by BELIEFS. Beliefs are substituted for knowing. When someone does not know, he believes and that is a role religions have jumped to fill. When one realizes there is no God the need for belief in some God is gone. Also gone is guilt that religions instill in the individual. Guilt can best be instilled by demanding that individuals act against NATURE. Don't have sex before marriage and don't masturbate. Don't enjoy eating, it leads to gluttony. Don't be rich (be a window washer), blessed are the poor. Acting against nature and attempting to follow some religion's advice or Commandments creates guilt because it is not possible to go against nature. If one attempts to, failure is the result if not in practice then in thought. Don't lust after women, it is a sin. Give to the poor( the governing body), which only makes the giving individual poor or less rich. These many religious doctrines go against human nature. Nothing that is against nature is good for mankind. Religions, doctrines, beliefs, and philosophies want man to become something. No individual has ever become anything different than he is. It is not possible to live life if one is becoming something. Becoming has always lead to failure. You can never be anything other than you are. Religions want you to become another Jesus, Mahatma, Buddha or GB type person. If existence wanted more Jesus personalities, it would produce them just as it would any individual. The truth is that there is never going to be another individual like you or me and there never was one before. Existence produces single copies, unique individuals. You can never become anyone else. There is no need and it would be impossible( unless we count cloning). Why then do people go on trying to become someone else, something else always becoming and never BEING? This is simply impossible and leads to feelings of failure, but it still goes on, the Watchtower keeps telling individuals to be like someone else, such as Jesus, to imitate him except everyone runs around imitating people such as PO's, CO's and GB type people(yish). This is the harm religions do and people keep on believing in religions. Believing is the problem and when man does not KNOW he believes. There is nothing wrong with admitting that one does not know something or other, but it is easier to believe and give an answer that some religion or someone else supplied. Religions do not KNOW either, they BELIEVE and force those BELIEFS upon others. That is the horrible action religions have done for thousands of years. In admitting one does not know something there is great intelligence. Offering a belief for knowledge is harmful to all. Beliefs can never be proven or they would not be beliefs - they would be facts. All beliefs are harmful to the individual, they deny nature and reality. Believing is not a good substitute for knowing. When someone believes there is always a question as to whether the belief is true or if some other belief would better serve. This is where religions gang up against mankind and there are always religious authorities that tell the people what to believe and what they can know. Religions have always been against KNOWLEDGE and prevented man in every way possible from KNOWING anything. Religions want BELIEVING and not knowing. When man doubts, religions have the answers which are really not answers but beliefs. Beliefs damage mankind severely and hinder progress. Serious illness has been attributed to religions like JW's, psychological and psychiatric illnesses result in beliefs and disillusionment when those beliefs do not reflect reality. No belief can reflect reality, only make-believe. The fewer beliefs one has the more healthy one is. All one has to do is accept not knowing. There never has been an individual that knows everything and there never will be. Still religions claim they have all the answers and if they cannot provide all of the answers you must still believe in their doctrines. People accept this and attempt to live by it only to realize failure - it is their failure because surely it would not be the fault of religions or some deity as religions claim! Have questions, have doubts, have knowledge but never have beliefs except for in your self and your fellow man!

The High Priest chucking out his beliefs left, right and center class.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit